Help Me Please!

Lokesh

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Jul 7, 2005
i had serious problems with my router in the last two days and the lineman replaced it today!(the prob. was that in DSL-502T only the power led was on and ADSL and STATUS lights were out!). after replacing with a old DSL-502T :( but with newer firmware :) ) lights were fine. then came the horrible part :(
the connection when enabled showed limited or no connectivity and only data packets being send (3 i think) and none received);
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/9763/dsl23qs.jpg
pinging gives an error of destination unreachable(resolved by static ip);
but connection not workin! the guy at mtnl couldn't resove it ( was on phone!) and said will see on monday :angry:
i couldn't wait! thought problem with lan card or router--> so i tried windows 98 and viola , connection is workin(first time run on win98 by installing today only(the dsl usb drivers)!

so, now i think that by re-installing dsl drivers in XP it will work just fine. so happily uninstalled it! then when i try to install the drivers again, i get this error on windows! HELPPPPPP!

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3643/dsl0xo.jpg

how to resolve this error? please reply fast.
tried everything from running in compatibility modes for windows 98 etc but no luck!
help

LoneCrusader

Regular
Regulars
May 8, 2006
Actually i have the same router. When i run my dsl drivers i get no error. Maybe somethin is off with ur Xp. Moreover pickin up ur problem is a little difficult. There is definately compatibility issues cause 98 is workin and Xp is rejectin.If u can come on an IM...i might be able to help u faster.

Lokesh

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Jul 7, 2005
hey problems fixed! "lspfix" resolved the errors!

indianarchie

Regular
Regulars
Jan 7, 2006
Just what is ispfix? If you can explain how you solved the problem, it would help others with similar problems!

Lokesh

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Jul 7, 2005
QUOTE(acpoa @ Jun 18 2006, 09:33 PM) [snapback]54107[/snapback]
Just what is ispfix? If you can explain how you solved the problem, it would help others with similar problems!
[/b]

well, my friend suggested that a trojan was blocking my net access(as net was workin fine in win 98)
i tried HIJACKTHIS
and boy it works wonders!
any problems resolved by it.
there it showed a "broken lsp" file which it couldn't repair! suggested cexx.org/lspfix.htm
download and ran it and restarted my pc!

and viola! my net was running again! yaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooo

as for the windows 16-bit error (check second image). just type in "run 16-bit application in windows xp"
in google and go to the first microsoft link!