• Thread starter Thread starter humm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,870

humm

YoYo!
ISP
Reliance
I wish to take mtnl.. night unlimited plan that offers 1gb free + night unlimited.I would like to know how much installation, I need to pay them I have a mtnl phone at my place.Also is there any good unlimited package they have?

Monthly Rent for CPE Rs. 80/- * Safe Custody Charges per month Rs. 100/-so it means i need to pay package charge + 80 + 100 per month?

safe custody charge is only applicable if u suspend ur connection (like if u are out of town for 1-2 months), bec if u disconnect instead of safe custody u will have to pay reconnection charges (same as new connection charges).In normal usage u pay only Rs. 80 for CPE (even this is waived off if u have ur own router) + ur plan charge...

oh.. are u a user of mtnl.. tell me how r the speeds?also.. how is the setup like.. the telephone line which is at my place.. they give me line thorugh it?And is it stable?And connection charge is Rs. 300/- right? (DSL Installation & Testing Charges)

Yes dude I use Mtnl Triband and I am on plan 590NU, (1GB usage + night 0000hrs to 0800 hrs unlimited).The connection is the most stable connection one can have thats the best part of Triband. I have been on Triband since June 2005 and believe it or not I never had any downtime, not even for a minute!Connection charge is Rs. 300 (DSL Installation & Testing Charges) + Rs. 500 (Initial Deposit for DSL CPE one-time, this is not applicable if u have ur own router)

No dude mine is still 1GB (I am from Mumbai), its some kind of error which is why its showing 2GB to you but officially it still is 1GB.Pl. dont use more than 1 GB without confirming it otherwise u have to pay extra!

Originally posted by imranais@Dec 5 2005, 11:29 AM
Pl. dont use more than 1 GB without confirming it otherwise u have to pay extra!

hi imranais. i too am from mumbai and have got 2gb quota for this month. how do i confirm whether this is right and not some glitch in the mtnl software. also if i do inform CC that i have 2gb instead of 1gb quota, they might reduce it back to 1gb. how do i avoid this and still be able to confirm that the 2gb quota is genuine??

just call them up and ask them what is the quota for your plan. If they answer 2GB then its genuine otherwise its a mistake 😉

Originally posted by max@Dec 6 2005, 12:49 PM
just call them up and ask them what is the quota for your plan. If they answer 2GB then its genuine otherwise its a mistake 😉
[snapback]34433[/snapback]
[/quote]

Max, the problem with that is you still don't have any written proof. They can always conveniently deny they said anything like that later.
I guess we should play safe till MTNL comes out with an official announcement on their site.

they cant. Do you think you are the sole customer who is enjoying 2GB?

For everyone who have double the quota for this month, a frndly advice is play safe.someone can call 1504 and tell them that one of their frnds says he has 2 GB and I have only 1GB see what they say, pl. post it here.I am not interested in calling them because I have my normal quota (1GB) 🙂