Help Me Guys :((

• Thread starter Thread starter skitzz1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 4,722

skitzz1

hey guys im from mumbai and use a 64k unlimited connection (the one with the daily 150 mb download limit ) . Lately my connection drops fairly regularly i mean it connects then after 2-3 minutes it just freezes and when i try to disconnect it says session expired invalid session . Earlier i never had this problem just from the last 2 weeks or so this has started to come up. k thx bye

ok and one more thing plz what mtu ttl rwin etc etc .. values should i set . A friend of mine told me that setting these to the correct values helps but i have no idea what they should be on for my connection.And also i downloaded the tcp optimizer and set all values at optimum but that did not help either

Where are you from? Just shift to an alternate client if it still works in your area... and the default mtu for sify should be 1448... and as for the rwin values... leave it at default unless u get a lot of corrupt data.

well im from mumbai and ive used supersify but sometimes it says could not contact sify server. And sometimes when it connects then the internet freezes as usual and when i try to logout it says invalid session . And k ill try setting the mtu at 1448 ; it was at 1500 now . thanks a lot ill post my reply afterwards

It seems this is a problem with your lan card or your firewall... post back with what firewall you are using... zonealarm causes these sort of typical problems.

im using the mcafee personal firewall which is inclusive in the all in one suite that i bought . ive been using this for the last 3-4 months and never had any sort of problem like this . Its just in the last month or so this has started happening . And i think i have the latest lan card driver too

Then there is obviously some 3rd software that is causing all these problems... try remembering if you installed any software after which these probs started... do spyware checks(very important... use both spybot s&d and adaware).

yeah ive done that i use spybot and ad aware both but they just detect tracking cookies and some minor stuff no such spywares or adwares .

What exactly do you mean by the internet freezes? Does your comp hang or does data transfer stop?

Ok get drtcp... then put the rwin value as 12672... the mtu as 1448 leave everthing else as default... and places where the default option is not available erase the value and leave it blank. Do this with your networking turned off... then save the settings also c that the network adapter that you use is selected.... and then restart your pc. Ping your gateway and c wat happens.

So your local network is working just fine... it's the problem with the sify servers then...

Call up CC... tell them that no data is being transferred... and they might send one of their guys over or may fix it themselves...