Help Me Guys :((

skitzz1

[OP]
May 15, 2006
hey guys im from mumbai and use a 64k unlimited connection (the one with the daily 150 mb download limit ) . Lately my connection drops fairly regularly i mean it connects then after 2-3 minutes it just freezes and when i try to disconnect it says session expired invalid session . Earlier i never had this problem just from the last 2 weeks or so this has started to come up. k thx bye

skitzz1

[OP]
May 15, 2006
ok and one more thing plz what mtu ttl rwin etc etc .. values should i set . A friend of mine told me that setting these to the correct values helps but i have no idea what they should be on for my connection.And also i downloaded the tcp optimizer and set all values at optimum but that did not help either

priyoban

Regular
Regulars
Mar 17, 2006
Where are you from? Just shift to an alternate client if it still works in your area... and the default mtu for sify should be 1448... and as for the rwin values... leave it at default unless u get a lot of corrupt data.

skitzz1

[OP]
May 15, 2006
well im from mumbai and ive used supersify but sometimes it says could not contact sify server. And sometimes when it connects then the internet freezes as usual and when i try to logout it says invalid session . And k ill try setting the mtu at 1448 ; it was at 1500 now . thanks a lot ill post my reply afterwards

priyoban

Regular
Regulars
Mar 17, 2006
It seems this is a problem with your lan card or your firewall... post back with what firewall you are using... zonealarm causes these sort of typical problems.

skitzz1

[OP]
May 15, 2006
im using the mcafee personal firewall which is inclusive in the all in one suite that i bought . ive been using this for the last 3-4 months and never had any sort of problem like this . Its just in the last month or so this has started happening . And i think i have the latest lan card driver too

priyoban

Regular
Regulars
Mar 17, 2006
Then there is obviously some 3rd software that is causing all these problems... try remembering if you installed any software after which these probs started... do spyware checks(very important... use both spybot s&d and adaware).

skitzz1

[OP]
May 15, 2006
yeah ive done that i use spybot and ad aware both but they just detect tracking cookies and some minor stuff no such spywares or adwares .

priyoban

Regular
Regulars
Mar 17, 2006
What exactly do you mean by the internet freezes? Does your comp hang or does data transfer stop?