• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,004
Upvote 0
Keep two things in mind when you purchase a Laptop,
1. Build Quality
2. Specifications, try to get latest technology processor
3. Warranty
I would not suggest to go with Dell, bad build quality for Consumer Segment Laptops.

Upvote 0
Err Sam, I kinda agree on some points, BUT I believe that MOST things if YOU DON'T LOOK AFTER THEM Properly, they're bound to get fcuked! Based on my Experience, HP, Compaq(again HP with a different label), Dell and Sony Way Overpriced for the stuff they offer! HP/Compaq either heating issues. Fan crapping out on Compaqs and sluggishness oh and did I mention Overpriced.Dell and Sony, the same configuration you'll get nearly half the price on other brands. Now that Lenovo is coming up, they too have slowly started jacking up their prices along with Acer who now is becoming quite a good brand in terms of Value for money. Asus is another in the VFM bracket, but not established enough to claim market breaking in terms of laptops(well at least not yet in India)!Build quality depends on how YOU maintain YOUR laptop. And also if it is well built like Aluminium and stuff it's gonna be COSTLY as hell, hence the reason you have an Acer in the 40k budget and an Acer near a lakh and above too. According to the price, the quality difference of the product(that too not always, they have iPhones to prove that point)!Letting thousands of people use the laptop and screw it up and then acting ignorant is also not wise. Also when you place the laptop in the bag, don't THROW it around or LEAN on it when sitting or place other heavy objects on it! Your laptop bag is NOT your lunchbag!Keep food and especially liquids as far as possible from them(yes, even when jerking off, use tissues and stand far or turn away at the right time!) lol Now don't carry the laptop to the bathroom dumbo! There's water(liquid) there too!And clean your laptops often (cleaning gel and microfiber cloth and paintbrush for keys and ports) to prevent any keys getting stuck and dust or dirt collecting or something like that! And keep your monitor screen clean to prevent eyestrain.Don't sneeze without covering and don't keep it near the kitchen(tell your wife/mom to WRITE down the freakin' recipe or in case you're/your dad's cooking, do the same instead of wanting to watch the live cooking video) where oil can fly about in the air and come and collect on the screen!Use a freakin' Laptop cooling pad! Get a small overbody laptop stand that you can keep when using on the bed! Don't place the laptop on flat surfaces or cloth especially pillows/mattresses as they block the vents, cause overheating and hence the fcuking up of your laptop.Keep the laptop charged when not in use and don't tie or jam your adapter wires or keep getting them caught somewhere. They gave an ATTACHED velcro strap for a freakin' reason! USE IT! After deciding your place strap up the excess wire! Happy Computing(hump-uting)! 😀

Upvote 0
: ( ANNOY-NUMB-US : P said:
Err Sam, I kinda agree on some points, BUT I believe that MOST things if YOU DON'T LOOK AFTER THEM Properly, they're bound to get fcuked! Based on my Experience, HP, Compaq(again HP with a different label), Dell and Sony Way Overpriced for the stuff they offer! HP/Compaq either heating issues. Fan crapping out on Compaqs and sluggishness oh and did I mention Overpriced.
I don't like Laptops, so yeah for me they are overpriced piece of good looking cheap plastic computing devices, unless you are buying a MacBook.

Upvote 0
Lol, Exactly why I tell people to consider buying a PC instead because everything is cheaper in terms of replacements and upgrades and HELL NO am I gonna get a freakin' MacBook even if it is made out of Kevlar, Titanium, or freakin' bullet proof material or I get an offer to work with A.R.!I usually get the, "But I can use laptop in powercuts no?" And I say, "You have to get a USB datacard with costly ar$3 plans and lesser limits. Pray that the signal is good and your proximity to the tower is close. Redundant! For that get a damn inverter and be done and stay online 24x7 😉 PCs are built to be killed! Can't say the same for a laptop. They do the killing!The only chance is IF you absolutely need to be on 24x7 conference calls and presentations on world peace and global warming and traveling all around the globe sending 200 mails a day while proving you studied graphics art and doing photo editing in between that hectic schedule, then maybe, Okay, but that too mobiles and clouds are taking care of these days! (I'm sure you're not one of those guys in the ads though!) lol

Upvote 0
I don't know who marked my reply as BEST ANSWER :nonchalance: Let's get on topic and help [member='Saurav'] to pick a good laptop.

Upvote 0
Err.. But he(OP) hasn't responded with the all important answers to the questions asked above. Think he must've wisened up and gone and got himself an assembled PC instead 😉 lolFor Now the advice will be for folks looking for a laptop:1. Find out your Budget!2. Find out the max configuration offered by the different companies in that budget.3. Pick the one which has the best Config to Price Ratio! Most probably will be an Acer or Lenovo 😕 😛Don't be stingy and get yourself a cooling pad Rs. 250-300 bucks. Take the Zebronics one with a single big fan, buy a 4-mm plastic sheet and screw it(with flat-head screws) to the bottom of the fan unit where the four rests are so that you can now place it on the bed/pillow or whatever without the fan getting stuck! 😉 Cheers!

Upvote 0
to be precise, 2 configs my lawyer friend is considering and I think Samsung has better battery backup.
if this fits your budget this should be more than enough for day to day usage without the curse of feeling buying something which can be said to be of low configs, this should work even great if you add a 2GB extra RAM.
https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-np300e5x-a0bin-laptop-2nd-gen-ci3-2gb-500gb-dos/p/itmdjtghd64a2hjv?pid=COMDJCZDJYSEHXG8&ref=a243a1cb-4dd2-41ab-b247-408fff097bd2

and
https://www.flipkart.com/hp-2000-2313tu-laptop-2nd-gen-ci3-2gb-500gb-dos/p/itmdkyan8makeahs?pid=COMDKYA3SD6SHBZ5&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=2313TU&ref=0c0b8d58-acc2-44f7-8032-49172369b0e7

Upvote 0