help me for choosing a laptop

Motorazor143

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 256Kbps Unlimited combo
Hi all,

Im planning to buy a laptop for my home use.This is the first time am buying a laptop.I will be using it basically for my internet browsing and a little programming.Planning to by a low end laptop wid a budget of 25,000Rs.I have narrowed down to Compaq preserio and Lenovo.Specification is as follows:

1)Compaq preserio C734 TU

Intel® Celeron® M Processor 540 1.86 GHz, 1 MB L2 Cache, 533 MHz FSB
512MB DDR2 RAM, 120GB HDD, Wifi, 1.3 MP Webcam, Free Dos, Dvd writer

Price is 25,000 including taxes

2)Lenovo 3000 G410 204942Q

Intel® Celeron® Processor 540 (1.86 GHz, 533 MHz FSB)
512MB DDR2, 80 GB HDD, Wifi, DVD writer, Free dos

Price 23,000RS including tax

Im really confused between the two, and yeah if u guys have any other laptop to recoomend then please do coz i dont have any idea about laptops.

thankx

I would choose that Compaq model.For 2000 Rs difference, you get 40 GB extra HD space, and a web cam.(But only if these extras are really useful for you.)

lenovo laptops are one of the best.. they are a trusted brand.. shocked to see a 25k lenovo didnt no they had a lower end model.. HP(COMPAQ) laptops do have some technical problems sometimes.. the reason i am saying this is cause one of my friends bought one and constantly has some trouble!!.. since you are using it for basic usage.. i think 80gb is more than enough.. and incase you need more.. you can always upgrade later!!

more than enough? duh.Dell seems to be the only one selling a core2duo laptop with great config with 2 GB RAM under 40K. get the inspiron 1525.seriously, computing today sucks if you have less than 2 gig of ram.

his budget is 25k.. so i dont think he is thinking of shelling out 40k or anything near that..And he says he is using it for basic web browsing and programming...I dont think he would need more than 80gb for that...for a 25k budget lenovo is a better choice!!.. I personally like Dell inspiron myself but i doubt if you could get one for under 25k

more than enough? duh.

Dell seems to be the only one selling a core2duo laptop with great config with 2 GB RAM under 40K. get the inspiron 1525.

seriously, computing today sucks if you have less than 2 gig of ram.

well, My Budget is 25 k and at the maximum i can extend it to 27 k...am still a student so cant afford that high end ones( dell).and yeah RAM is not an issue coz i can always buy another 1GB Ram for 1200 Bucks.that makes about 1.5 GB of RAM which is gonna be enough for me.

well does processor makes huge diffrence since am getting a Celeron one with Lenovo??

lenovo laptops are one of the best.. they are a trusted brand.. shocked to see a 25k lenovo didnt no they had a lower end model..
HP(COMPAQ) laptops do have some technical problems sometimes.. the reason i am saying this is cause one of my friends bought one and constantly has some trouble!!.. since you are using it for basic usage.. i think 80gb is more than enough.. and incase you need more.. you can always upgrade later!!

well, Lenovo prices starts with 20K and for 25 k we get a decent configuration.

I would choose that Compaq model.
For 2000 Rs difference, you get 40 GB extra HD space, and a web cam.

(But only if these extras are really useful for you.)

I would have gone for Compaq, they were also offering another model with AMD dual core and Nvidia graphics card for 27k but the real problem is that HP and Compaq have stopped the support for Windows XP and we wont get any drivers for XP...:madness:

I dunnp whats wrong wid HP, most of the users these days also use Windows XP on their machines...VISTA sucks to the core😛

I would have gone for Compaq, they were also offering another model with AMD dual core and Nvidia graphics card for 27k but the real problem is that HP and Compaq have stopped the support for Windows XP and we wont get any drivers for XP...:madness:

I dunnp whats wrong wid HP, most of the users these days also use Windows XP on their machines...VISTA sucks to the core😛

list that AMD configuration or model number here.lets see about the drivers issue 😛 AMD Dualcore with Nvidia graphics card at 27k is a good deal i guess 😗