Help me decide between JioFiber, Airtel & Excitel.

ISP
Excitel(past 5 yrs)
Airtel(3-4yrs)
Jio (trial)
Hey guys,
I am currently using
1)Excitel Broadband, Not the Fiber connection tho, from the past 5 years. It has been working okay, I mean like people say, that it depends upon the local isp in your area in the case of Excitel, it works 85-90% of the time.
2) Airtel(non v-fiber connection)- I have this just because my dad wanted a landline, and so it comes along with it. pack- 8mbps, 125gb.(we get 6months for 3k I guess)
3) I got Jio Fiber installed (the trial version) and I'm looking forward to make this as my permanent connection.

Info that could be important-
1) I don't need fup(which I guess airtel has also removed cuz of Jio fiber)
2) why was I already using airtel and Excitel both? Because As I said cuz of the landline, which we don't need anymore, since we got mobileSignal Booster a year back.
3) We need wifi on both floors, I have Netgear's signal booster, but would use a router as access point after I remove 2 connections and stick to the one.
4) Is configuring DVR with jio fiber a problem? I've heard that(since no port forwarding and all)

So please help me decide which one to keep.
Even tho excitel has been working fine, but it still isn't that reliable. also from your experience please tell me if Jio Fiber works fine?
I am a bit inclined towards jio fiber cuz it's the only Real Fiber connection here in Delhi. Both Excitel and Airtel just convert copper lines to Fiber for the end user.

P.s. I'm from Delhi.

Go for a Airtel Fiber(if they give pure Fiber) upgrading your ADSL and remove your Jio Fiber after your trial
You do not have control over anything in router when you get a Jio connection

Jio Fiber ONT cannot be bridged with any router if you plan to add one. Excitel can be considered if you are fine with just Broadband and no landline.

Last edited:
Agree with @shashankb If you can get Airtel Fiber go for it, don't go for VDSL as upload speeds are low (instead go for JioFiber).
Also keep in mind that Airtel and Jio aren't fully unlimited (3.3TB ish FUP). So if you use a ton of data you might want to consider Excitel as secondary connection.

Airtel is the best choice for DVR/NVR because of lack of CGNAT but there are ways to work around CGNAT on Jio and Excitel with ZeroTier or TailScale.

IS BSNL available in your area?

, I have Netgear's signal booster, but would use a router as access point after I remove 2 connections and stick to the one.
-->you might have problems configuring extra things with JIO as evident by lot of problem threads by JIO users here.

Both Excitel and Airtel just convert copper lines to Fiber for the end user.
I don't know much about this, this seems weird as mostly it is Copper -> Fiber backend

Otherwise go for Airtel as JIO tries to lock you in JIO ecosystem.( And their after-sales CC is not good)

I would better say go for JIO for a time while and then try for Airtel in case their services improve in you locality

Airtel is the best choice for DVR/NVR because of lack of CGNAT but there are ways to work around CGNAT on Jio and Excitel with ZeroTier or TailScale.
This can be managed but there are still serious problems in Jio like No Bridging and Jio blocks anything they wish to

True, Airtel doesn't block Twitch without any order. However, Airtel also have really shitty TCP blocking on websites (which are blocked by Government orders). I hope TATA backbone doesn't jump in this pit.

Go for a Airtel Fiber(if they give pure Fiber) upgrading your ADSL and remove your Jio Fiber after your trial
You do not have control over anything in router when you get a Jio connection

Jio Fiber ONT cannot be bridged with any router if you plan to add one. Excitel can be considered if you are fine with just Broadband and no landline.
Hey, thanks for the reply.
First of all, I didn't get when you said that Jio doesnt let you "Bridge" Router. You mean I wont be able to use a router as an access point or an extender? (Sorry not that good in Networking)
Also, Airtel calls it Vfiber. and just before a week or so, they had Fup in all packs, but removed it, so now im confused. and by "not having control over Router settings what do ya mean? I Was able to login to the router page and tweak basic settings, idk important srttings that i might need in future. please explain.

Agree with @shashankb If you can get Airtel Fiber go for it, don't go for VDSL as upload speeds are low (instead go for JioFiber).
Also keep in mind that Airtel and Jio aren't fully unlimited (3.3TB ish FUP). So if you use a ton of data you might want to consider Excitel as secondary connection.

Okay.. yea i know they both have 3300gb of data limit, but thats more than enough for me.
also, whats CGNAT? Sorry no idea.

IS BSNL available in your area?

-->you might have problems configuring extra things with JIO as evident by lot of problem threads by JIO users here.

I don't know much about this, this seems weird as mostly it is Copper -> Fiber backend

Otherwise go for Airtel as JIO tries to lock you in JIO ecosystem.( And their after-sales CC is not good)

I would better say go for JIO for a time while and then try for Airtel in case their services improve in you locality
Airtel has the best customer service for sure. But I was skeptical cuz of two reasons-
1) JIO FIBER is True Fiber(future proof)
2) Jio Fiber is offering set top box with 11 OTT services (I'll Go for the Gold pack, 999 one, when my own Hotstar and Prime subs ends)
also ive heard Airtel Xstream box isnt that good, and also they dont offer much straeming platforms.

This can be managed but there are still serious problems in Jio like No Bridging and Jio blocks anything they wish to
hahaha.. lmao Last night only I Read people complaining about jio blocking Twitch streams during IPL.

Also Guys I wanna know If the Attractive offer of JIO Giving us 11 OTT APPS (not counting Netflix cuz that pack is way too expensive, not needed)
should affect my decision, I do like the concept of their Set top Box, since airtel Xstream is shit, and so is Tata Sky Binge plus( I'm Using tata sky NORMAL Set top box).
I was thinking of getting the JIO BOX after my subscriptions end after few months.... and then upgrading from Silver(which ill opt at first) to Gold pack.

If Airtel Fiber is available, don't even bother to think about Jio. Jio is only for those who don't have alternative.
Please elaborate why are people so much against Jio Fiber? hehe. I quite liked that Jio was Offering Real Fiber in India.. so I went for the Trial Version, and it has been few days and its working fine as of now...
But yeah Please someone tell me that Connecting my Home DVR to Jio's Router isnt a problem. Cuz Ive read that they don't provide with a static IP, but in the past I didn't have a static IP from Excitel but my DVR Was working just fine...

Also Guys I wanna know If the Attractive offer of JIO Giving us 11 OTT APPS (not counting Netflix cuz that pack is way too expensive, not needed)
should affect my decision, I do like the concept of their Set top Box, since airtel Xstream is shit, and so is Tata Sky Binge plus( I'm Using tata sky NORMAL Set top box).

Are you going to continue using your Tata sky STB? Also, you need to ask yourself if you need content from all the OTT apps, or are you interested only in the main ones like Amazon Prime and Disney+ Hotstar?

Important point to note, Jio Fiber gives only the VIP version of Hotstar, not the premium one.

In case you need all the OTT apps, then you can go in for Jio STB with gold plan. Else, save money monthly and subscribe to specific OTT apps you need. Streaming works even on the minimum Bronze 30 Mbps plan on Jio. You can invest in an Android box like mi box or stick or fire stick if you don't go in for the STB.

Both Excitel and Airtel just convert copper lines to Fiber for the end user.
You are wrong. Both of them have fiber in Delhi..... Though there are many areas in Delhi, where they are still serving through Copper lines...