• Thread starter Thread starter vkam2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,047

vkam2000

Regular
ISP
Panaji-goa
My basic Broadband Connection Involves a dialer to access the internet.

I installed Comodo(firewall only) however it does not seem to work, applications are blocked and only when the firewall is disabled from the tray does the internet work.

I also tried Custom Policy Mode which detects the application trying to gain access however when allowed the internet still does not work !

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Bump

Check if you have blocked your network. Click the "Blocked network zones" button and remove any addresses you see from the list.Go in the advanced tab and click the "Firewall behavior settings" button. In the general settings tab you will see a vertical slider. Move the slider to the second option from the bottom called Training mode.In the advanced tab unclick all the checkboxes.After this restart your computer.If all else fails uninstall the firewall in safe mode (enter safe mode by pressing F8 after post screen, before windows loading screen) and reinstall it. Remember to click on the allow button which pops up as soon as the installation finishes.

Check if you have blocked your network. Click the "Blocked network zones" button and remove any addresses you see from the list.

Go in the advanced tab and click the "Firewall behavior settings" button. In the general settings tab you will see a vertical slider. Move the slider to the second option from the bottom called Training mode.
In the advanced tab unclick all the checkboxes.
After this restart your computer.

If all else fails uninstall the firewall in safe mode (enter safe mode by pressing F8 after post screen, before windows loading screen) and reinstall it. Remember to click on the allow button which pops up as soon as the installation finishes.

I'll do that and get back !

I did as you said, set the firewall to Training mode and Unclick all options under advanced Tab.Well the internet started working but the firewall did not notify me of any apps trying to gain access.In fact all apps were able to gain access !

However I did set the Firewall back to Custom Policy Mode which notifies me of the apps trying to gain access, it allowed and blocked the apps I wanted. Maybe unclicking the options under advanced tab did the trick.

Thanks

Training mode was used to unblock your internet. Now you can use Custom or Safe mode according to your security preference. Also enable "Block Fragmented IP datagrams" if you want to as the option is checked in a fresh install.

Training mode was used to unblock your internet. Now you can use Custom or Safe mode according to your security preference. Also enable "Block Fragmented IP datagrams" if you want to as the option is checked in a fresh install.

When I check the option "Block Fragmented IP Datagrams" under advanced the internet does not work, after unchecking that option the internet works.
Strange, but that seems to have been the problem all this while.

What does it mean btw??