help me configure airtel220bx for dataone

• Thread starter Thread starter saurav_wow
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,127

saurav_wow

ISP
BSNL HOME 500 NU
i wanted to use my airtel 220bx modem for bsnl dataone...pls guide me.... anylinks to the steps in configuring... thanks in advance

IE open 192.168.1.1. Id admin password password.
Select WAN
http://i23.tinypic.com/nlpdhs.jpg PVC/PCI 0_35

Enter BSNL Id without @ bsnl.in and password
Save and reboot.

Testing .unable to upload full settings. tried 12 times . will post later.
Checked at 0738 Upstream seems low. not conclusive shifted to MT 882. seems better.
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):64Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):2048 LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.1 MAC Address: 00-08-5C-D0-B1-99 Default Gateway: 59.92.32.1 Primary DNS Server: 218.248.255.145 Secondary DNS Server: 218.248.240.24

open browser and type 192.168.1.1 , admin,password as username and passwordclick on wan and put values as given below:VPI / VCI: 0 / 35 Connection Type: PPPoE Service Name: pppoe_1_35 Service Category: UBR IP Address: Automatically Assigned Service State: Enabled NAT: Enabled Firewall: Enabled IGMP Multicast: Enabled Quality Of Service: Disabled At some point you need to put your dataone username and password .Thats all.

ATM PVC ConfigurationThis screen allows you to configure an ATM PVC identifier (VPI and VCI) and select a service category. Otherwise choose an existing interface by selecting the checkbox to enable it.NEXT Connection TypePPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) (*select)Encapsulation Mode LLC/SNAP-Bridging ( *select)NEXTPPP Username and PasswordPPP usually requires that you have a user name and password to establish your connection. In the boxes below, enter the user name and password that your ISP has provided to you. PPP Username: your ID( without @bsnl.in) PPP Password: xxxxxxPPPoE Service Name: Authentication Method: AUTO NEXT Enable IGMP Multicast, and WAN ServiceEnable IGMP Multicast Enable WAN Service (*select) Service Name br_0_35WAN Setup Summaryclick SAVEBack to Wide Area Network (WAN) Setup PageClick Save/reboot.Wait for two or 3 minutes. If any problem Open 192.168.1.1/main.htmlOpen Diagnosticssee like this Test the connection to your local networkTest your ENET(1-4) Connection: PASSTest your USB Connection: DOWN (*ok)Test the connection to your DSL service providerTest ADSL Synchronization: PASS Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL (* ok)Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: FAIL (*ok)Test the connection to your Internet service providerTest PPP server connection: PASS Test authentication with ISP: PASS Test the assigned IP address: PASSPing default gateway: PASSPing primary Domain Name Server: PASSI am on Dataone using modem Beetel 220BXI now.

Thanks for prompt reply... Thanks to everybody i am now able to use dataone with 220bx modem..