Help me choose

• Thread starter Thread starter mystic1716
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,760

mystic1716

ISP
Airtel
Hi folks I am trying to buy my first 3G phone my budget is nearly 13k,, And I have narrowed down some of the handsets and my favourite is Samsung Wave 533. But before that I want to hear out what other's think I need good 3G capability with the phone and some functions like WiFi,HSDPA+,GPS,Bluetooth (possibly 3.0) , Minimum 2 mega pixel , I listen to songs occasionaly , check my emails, like pretty much business + smartphone + stylish ( am I asking for tooooo much LOL 😀)

The ones that I am interested are

1. Samsung Corby PRO I Touch, I Text, I do it all !! - Samsung Corby Pro - Touch Phone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG

2. Nokia 5230 Nokia India - Nokia 5230 - Products

3. Nokia C6-00 Nokia India - Nokia C6 - Products

4. Nokia E-71 Nokia India - Nokia E71 - Products

5. Nokia E-52 Nokia India - Nokia E52 - Products

6. Samsung Galaxy 5 Be Cool & Stay Connected - Galaxy 5 I5503 - Touch Phone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG

7. HTC Touch HTC Touch Review, HTC Touch Mobile/Cell Phone India Price, Technical Specification & Features

8. Samsung Wave 533 Samsung Wave 533 Review - Samsung Wave 533 Mobile Phone Features & Specifications - Samsung Wave 533 Price in India

So help me choose one from this thanx in advance for everyone..

Bump 🙁

HTC looked good......except for its Measly talktime.And the "Apparent" drawback of Galaxy 5 was the Memory - details are not available actually, so cant say much. If memory is good, then there arent much negatives visible.And my personal preference of Form factor stops me from selecting Wave......

Hello mate thanx for the reply I checked the resolution for the wave in action today and I am seriously thinking to remove that from my list.. But Galaxy 5 is coming upto the spot because of high speed 3G and the ANDROID .. 🙂

Before deciding about Samsung Galaxy phones, please check their battery life. I have heard that even though the features are damn good, their battery life is not good.

but over here it looked better than HTC.

Ok - I think you badly need to refresh your list. My suggestions

Nokia - I never liked - so wont comment
HTC - Wildfire
Dont go for the model you have in your list its OLDDDDDDD with Resistive touchscreen

Samsung - Galaxy Pop has just launched which is same price as Galaxy5 with better features. Similarly they have launched Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Fit, Galaxy Gio .. all in the same range. If you can wait 1-2 weeks I suggest you check those before going ahead
Wave series also are good.

You also have the LG, Motorola & other brands to think over also.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

you mention WAVE 533 - if its because of keypad , check Galaxy551 for its Android equivalent

Before deciding about Samsung Galaxy phones, please check their battery life. I have heard that even though the features are damn good, their battery life is not good.

This is a fact of all android phones not just Samsung.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Hi folks I am trying to buy my first 3G phone my budget is nearly 13k,, And I have narrowed down some of the handsets and my favourite is Samsung Wave 533. But before that I want to hear out what other's think I need good 3G capability with the phone and some functions like WiFi,HSDPA+,GPS,Bluetooth (possibly 3.0) , Minimum 2 mega pixel , I listen to songs occasionaly , check my emails, like pretty much business + smartphone + stylish ( am I asking for tooooo much LOL 😀)

The ones that I am interested are

1. Samsung Corby PRO I Touch, I Text, I do it all !! - Samsung Corby Pro - Touch Phone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG

2. Nokia 5230 Nokia India - Nokia 5230 - Products

3. Nokia C6-00 Nokia India - Nokia C6 - Products

4. Nokia E-71 Nokia India - Nokia E71 - Products

5. Nokia E-52 Nokia India - Nokia E52 - Products

6. Samsung Galaxy 5 Be Cool & Stay Connected - Galaxy 5 I5503 - Touch Phone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG

7. HTC Touch HTC Touch Review, HTC Touch Mobile/Cell Phone India Price, Technical Specification & Features

8. Samsung Wave 533 Samsung Wave 533 Review - Samsung Wave 533 Mobile Phone Features & Specifications - Samsung Wave 533 Price in India

So help me choose one from this thanx in advance for everyone..

Also check out LG Optimus One P500 & remember all phones that claim to be 3G may not give the actual 3G speeds, please that too. Rule of thumb is look for a CPU which has a speed of at least 800 MHz (any lower could entail sticky operations when OS is updated, if that's possible), & at least 512 MB RAM. Rest see below 😀

first decide on platform in which you want to go .. Nokia symbian is old os they have v3 .. but they are higher level model like n8 and n7 ...android is the best which suits in your budget and the same is new one with lot of feature and app support .. before going for any model check the version of the Android .. and check if the same support latest version of the OS ... may be it will not support all comming os .. but it need to support new one generation ... Android 2.3 is most stable and improve the performance of the handset .. so any handset which offer upgrade with this one is good one .. atleast now there are not any one who offer the same at this range .. i heard LG Optimus one is offering that but need to check that ...Please don't select any android handset below version 2.2 as with this release we got option to install the apps on sd card .. which is the most essential and then we don't restrict ourself with mobile memory only for apps ...samsung new series is good with specification but lets see ..

HTC wildfire has a pathetic battery life. My HTC wildfire doesn't last more than a day. I check my mails & Browse Internet (For an hour) over WiFi , Listen to Radio (Half an hour). I don't use my phone for music at all. Calls for 1-2 hours, Messaging for 1 hour. This drains the battery by end of the day.