Help me achieve full speed of 100 mbps in this networking

• Thread starter Thread starter amansingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 7,645
ISP
Airtel Vfibre
Guys i have airtel vdsl 100 mbps connection. however my modem is 777vr1 which Airtel uses for providing 40mbps speed. if i connect laptop with ethernet i get 100 mbps speed on laptop and if i connect through wifi i get 40-50 mbps.
Then in order to get 100 mbps over wifi i connected my spare Netplus modem to 777vr1 with ethernet as extender, and as netplus modem is capable of delivering more than 100 mbps, i expected the speed over wifi of netplus modem to be 100 mbps. But the speed was 40-50mbps only.

Can anyone guide here how can i achieve 100 mbps with this setup?

In wifi you have to purchase extra access point with 5ghz capabilities or go with dual band routers. Netgear or Linksys are best..

Upvote 0
Airtel changed my modem to Huawei 633. Now m getting 100 mbps over wifi 5ghz. But the issue is on laptop over wifi as well as lan i get only 50mbps. What cud be the prob. If not wifi , atleast lan should give 100 mbps. Any problem. Actually my biggest concern is i was going to buy TP-Link c6, if lan is not giving 100 mbps, there will be no point of buying c6. Any suggestion guys

Upvote 0
I told him because in future if he wants to setup some media server or nas to watch movies or save data he can do so.
Unmanaged switch definitely a low cost solution but not useful I to have but now I regret to have this.Now bought ubnt switch to accomplish my tasks.

Upvote 0