Help in choosing wireless internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendersingh

ISP
dial up aircel
hi friends,i want to ask if what is difference in evdo and wimax and which one is best?actually i want a good connection suitable for video streaming and downloading with speed of 150 kBps. monthly budget not more than 750 rs.if i go with bsnl evdo, what speed will i get?and if i go with wimax HOWI 750 plan will i get constant speed of 512 Kbps i.e, 64 kBps? what is difference between evdo and wimax i'm really confused.and what about NIC data Card CDMA-1X DATA CARD, what speed does it provide?have set my mind on evdo, bsnl exchange is very near to me so i hope evdo signals will good.just few more questions. i have a desktop computer, and a smartphone with wifi, now i want to share this connection via wifi. how to do it?have no knowledge of networking so please explain what i'll need to buy and how to set up? using windows 7 ultimate, core 2 duo.

if evdo network is present in your area with good strength then go for it.....

if evdo network is present in your area with good strength then go for it.....

i have set up my mind on evdo, how can i share it over wifi to use on my phone?, i have desktop.

i have set up my mind on evdo, how can i share it over wifi to use on my phone?, i have desktop.

is this forum not active? because i haven't got any reply of my query with of 115 views

Hope i can help with something..You can buy a wireless card for your desktop. Either internal one or an external wifi adapter. Then you can easily share the wifi but you have to keep your system running. Also, I dont know if thr are any routers that supports evdo (or maybe it can be used just like any other data cards) but you can ask the same to BSNL (hope they know). Must be costly though.

^^Exactly!

You would require a WiFi router to share connection with phone if you already don't have WiFi capability on your Desktop.

You can go for an Evdo router like Olive:Link

or setup an Ad-Hoc connection on your PC after installing a WiFi NIC on desktop.

If you get a dongle, then get WiFi NIC for Desktop and setup Ad-Hoc!

But, it will require your PC to be turned on all the time (to user share network with phone).

Personally I would suggest, just get the router and connect your dongle with it. Life set! 😀

I hope WIMAX is better than EVDO anytime..not sure. To me EVDO in my place that too near the exchange:Boy Thumb Down:

Whatever you choose do check the evdo/wimax network first. Get a demo at your place. like vikram suggested.No point on spending 4K (router + evdo etc) and getting nothing.The router suggested by sam is good (i have used that router for some work) , tested data cards like MTS, Reliance, Tata.Has a battery too which gives around 1-2 hrs backup if using 3-5 devices for normal browsing. Configuring it takes little time though but its not hard.

yes that a nice move if you check wimax performance in your area bcoz bsnl has much more user of evdo then wimax so due to high load on evdo's BTS u may face speed problem... well whatever it is u opt for evdo or wimax do lot of study before going with anyone...

yes that a nice move if you check wimax performance in your area bcoz bsnl has much more user of evdo then wimax so due to high load on evdo's BTS u may face speed problem... well whatever it is u opt for evdo or wimax do lot of study before going with anyone...

but bsnl supports max 2mbps for Wi-max and that wat their website say .

evdo is far better than wi-max in all sense

can u please list few senses where evdo is better than wimax????or wimax is better than evdo???

Status
Not open for further replies.