Help for a sify user in Linux.

• Thread starter Thread starter abhay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,528
i cannot stand customer care guys who are duffers and work for technical help. People who dont know what is operating system does not deserve a job in technical help call center.

ummm... btw I was joking back there.

cool! so now i can ping the SAM Server and know about the "connectivity to sify server" as well. thanx a lot guys. 😀as for Java client that was mentioned by ujjwal...well it didn't work here. when i tried executing it seg faulted. 😕

PS, am no longer able to ping ANY client on the n/w except the gateway.... or maybe the rest of the world just does not use Sify anymore.[/b]

That's the case for me for almost 6 months now. I think they blocked pings to all clients except the gateway at the gateway/router.

"System V style distro's"...
no duh, it is surprising that Sify even knows about SVR4.
Do you really think they wud know about BSD style OSes?
[/b]

Of course they don't 😉 but they made that client on a redhat machine (atleast according to that indiasec article), and would have read a little bit of documentation, figured out that they have to copy the script somewhere to /etc/rc3.d and /etc/rc5.d for it to start up, and then released their client 😉

I would be surprised if anyone at sify, aside for a very few at the tech division, would have even heard about the word "operating system". Can't blame the poor CC fellows whose only exposure to computers was a quick breifing section on handling common queries, but its sick to imagine the buffoons sitting high up in sify's offices who made big money out of aggressive advertisement for the great big sify broadband scam.

java -jar /path/Broadbandjavaclient.jarif this isnt working then u should update ur java environment and it should work fine 🙂