HELP.. DSL or ADSL

Hi guys,
Just got a broadband connection for the first time in my life.. so am a total noob when it comes to things like ports, routers, modems, etc etc.. have absolutely no idea about them. I had picked up a D-Link modem cum router i.e D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router thinking that i need this for setting up a wifi connection, But the YOU broadband guy told me that it is a ADSL one, and that it does not work with YOU broadband and that i need to go for a DSL one,(i really did not understand what the hell that was) so he asked me to call him up once i get the DSL wifi Router only with out the modem, after which he will guide me about setting the router up.
Could some please tell me bout what to do and which router i should go for, looking for a one with 2 antennas, within 2000rs. Also i stay in an apartment, so looking for a router with good security.
P.S. if possible plz enlighten me as to why ADSL router is incompatible for YOU BB.

helloooooo.. plz let me know which router to buy

YOU is cable/Ethernet. It is not DSL /ADSL. So, technically, you need only the router. What you've bought is a modem router combo. In any case, can you return the router?

If so, get : Asus RT N12 C1/ TP-Link WR941ND/ TpLink MR3420

Depending on your budget.

In case you can't return it, there is a thread on the forum on how to use it for Ethernet connections like YOU. Go ahead with the procedure only if you're confident.

nikp said:
Hi...
can i use D-Link DIR-605L router to my YOU-BB .
im little bit confuse ..please help me.
Why dont you try the ones suggested above in the post..ya u can go for the D-Link router that u mentioned.. but according to online reviews i think the TP-Link one is better and costs a lil less.. have provided the link above. Also the links to other routers have been provided by a more expirienced member.. plz do chk them out.

hello scorpionsting.
i need your help again. can you guide me ,which type of ethernet cable i should use to connect wired modem to WIFI router .
Is that same cable which i am using to connect wired modem to PC ?
Thanking you .