Help, connection trips when phone used!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter joedc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,762

joedc

ISP
DATAONE
Please some one help me solve this problem. My broadband gets disconnected, when i make call while the connection is on. My modem is UT300R2U. I asked the technitians in our exchange, but they are helpless. Please help me to solve this.

Welcome to broadbandforum.cotelephoneBox Rj11==>>SPLITTER==>>Phone===>>> all phones( extn cordless etc) Splitter==>adsl port Rj11==>>Modem==.>>Rj45 to computer.

The Internet is getting disconnected when the Phone is used is due to the reason:If your phone wire is sealed in the wall; The rain water may get inside through some way;the telephone cable may also have some breakage so the copper may cause some earthing... so due to that the Internet gets disconnected...This is happened in my case...To solve this check the telephone cable without any leak of copper; also 1 Phone should be used...not more than one...The phone used should be connected to splitter...The excange people will put a new cable in case...

Welcome to broadbandforum.co

telephoneBox Rj11==>>SPLITTER==>>Phone===>>> all phones( extn cordless etc)
Splitter==>adsl port Rj11==>>Modem==.>>Rj45 to computer.
here is mine:
telephoneBox===>many wall switches(parallel line)==>one wall switch==>Rj11==>>SPLITTER==>>Phone===>>> one phone
Splitter==>adsl port Rj11==>>Modem==.>>Rj45 to computer.

and i get same trouble of,connection trips when phone used!!!

I use more than one phone and some phones are not via the splitter...hope you understand what i said😕

@harishsangwan Yes I understand.You are not bothered about this, and have no solution or help to give joedc.

@harishsangwan
Yes I understand.You are not bothered about this, and have no solution or help to give joedc.
i dint get what u meant by that...and what i said was that i am facing the same problem of disconnections during phone calls🙁 and i tried to show the setup of phone lines and modem i have here

@harishsangwan : OK. Next what ? you have shown your existing/setup/ connections.
i dont know what you are getting out of my posts but i am here only for a possible solution

@harishsangwan 😀id you try the setup as given by me (originally advised/insisted by the ISP)?Was there an Improvement ?If not give more info like this.Mode G.dmtDetails ..............download stream .................upload stream SNR margin db ...........30.2 ..........................17.0Attenuation db ..........28.0 ...........................5Attainable rate Kbps ..11488 ........................1424Rate Kbps .................576 ...........................576My connection now Airtel 256Kbps line.

@harishsangwan :
Did you try the setup as given by me
(originally advised/insisted by the ISP)?
Was there an Improvement ?
i had that setup from before but what i tried to explain was that i have more that one wire going out from the main telephone line,parallel connection if you know what it means

Mode ADSL2
Details ..............download stream .................upload stream
SNR margin db ...........6.0 ..........................15.4
Attenuation db ..........15.0 ...........................5.9
Attainable rate Kbps ..7597 ........................1231
Rate Kbps .................6425 ...........................861

Mine is the DataOne Home500 plan-256kbps to 2Mbps

and if i am right then the above values keep changing

@harishsangwan Questions DID you reconnect ALL telephones after the Splitter ? Yes or No. Or Keep only one phone Connected After the splitter and test SNR/Attn ?( Disconnecting all other telephones before the Splitter ?) Yes or No.

Questions
DID you reconnect ALL telephones after the Splitter ? Yes or No.
NO,have few lines that do not come from the splitter.

Keep only one phone Connected After the splitter and test SNR/Attn ?
( Disconnecting all other telephones before the Splitter ?)
Yes or No.
will try this in the morning and post the result here