[Help]Configure Huawei HG630a for bridged mode

samarth

[OP]
May 3, 2011
Can you help me configure Airtel VDSL Modem in Bridge mode? I want to connect my router and use that for PPPoE authentication.

samarth

[OP]
May 3, 2011
I don't want to use the airtel provided Huawei HG630a in PPPoE mode. I want to put it in Bridge mode and then use the router to do the PPPoE authentication.

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
Okay. May I know the reason if you could share bro? Does it give better stability or something?

samarth

[OP]
May 3, 2011
Yes, it gives better stability and more control than using the modem in PPPoE and then router in normal router mode.
I want to choose between Asus RT-AC66U and DSL-AC68U and wanted to save some money.
If I'm not able to figure it out, then I'll probably go for DSL-AC68U.

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
I don't know if you are right or wrong. But stability depends upon the line/backend as well. Which ISP do you use and Which state?

Where are you going to buy it from?

akapur

Mar 6, 2017
Here you go

Reboot the modem after you apply these settings and it should be good to go

Here you go

Reactions: Strykar

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
@akapur Can you share how come it would improve the stability and performance of the VDSL/ADSL if we use Bridge Mode?

akapur

Mar 6, 2017
I'm not sure if it will improve the stability but performance, probably will.

Bridge mode passes along all NAT and routing functions to your own router which will get the public IP. The provided airtel router when put into bridge mode acts as a pure modem.

That's pretty much it.

I'm not sure if it will improve the stability but performance, probably will.

Bridge mode passes along all NAT and routing functions to your own router which will get the public IP. The provided airtel router when put into bridge mode acts as a pure modem.

That's pretty much it.

Pankaj Singhal

Regulars
Nov 21, 2013
Ghaziabad
Here you go

Here you go

I want to bridge the TP Link TD W 8968 to the Huawei. I have tried but somehow does not work.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, how do you check if the bridge is working fine.