Help Building a New Computer

• Thread starter Thread starter snakenobi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 4,955
relying on a single drive for everything is a bad idea.

and having a ssd for primary drive and using other drives for storing data is a better idea.

a large 1/2/3TB drive for your windows is not going to give the best performance.

in any case, i have given my views. rest depends upon you.

i just a bit stubborn on certain things......hehe

you can help me on cases and places online where i can buy the computer stuff

i know of ebay,flipkart,primeabgb.

1st of all since u want to create a hackintosh that will rule out most of the motherboards. from what i knw gigabyte boards (tested ones) work perfectly. also use a core i5 or higher proc coz u need to enable vt-x in the bios.
here's a list of what works
tonymacx86 Blog
the rest of the stuff others have already mentioned.

I think for Display, for the kind of use u have mentioned, u shud go for a full-fledged TV only.....a 40 odd incher LED wud be a great deal. U seem to b having a huge pocket, so i guess u shud spend these few bucks extra & get a TV instead of a monitor!

that is really big

i am taking it as a monitor,i will be sitting a few feet away from it so that big screen isn't needed

also screen's resolution is stuck at 1080p,thats good for TV and video but for computer when you sit near it,you can see pixels

24inch is the last size where 1080p is good for a monitor,though i am ready to take it to 27inch.not anymore

if you have the money and want to run mac os x. seriously get a mac pro.

i checked it out

has xeons are in there which many people said is not recommended or good for gaming and require ECC memory.

plus xeons that they have are of 2010 Core i7 processors

Apple has upgrade problem for most of its products in india

thunderbolt display doesn't allow Video input which is required as i want to play PS3 on it also

and their display has a big glare problem though they look awesome

About SSDs:I use an 30GB SSD for my quite ancient HP pavillion dv1000 running off a intel core solo 1.87Ghz processor. The booting speeds show a marked improvement. Linux ubuntu 10.10 boots in about 8 seconds and windows xp with little applications booted in about 15 seconds. Also application launches are greatly faster. however SSDs won't help much in application performance that requires heavy CPU usage like video editing... My laptop is supported by a portable 320GB external disk for storing movies, songs etc.

@ snakenobi....Just FYI....i m myself sitting in front of a 42" LED screen! 😀 I sit at a distance of 1-1.5 feet from the screen and there r no pixels visible. If u have any lower resolution, u will see pixels. But not in 1920x1080. And initially i used to play games on it. Believe me - U WILL HAVE A BLAST on such wide screen. Setup a 5.1 ch speaker system to go with it & u will get an ultimate experience.U r spending such high amount, so i guess u can easily spend this much more......if i can spend, u surely can.

If money is not an issue here is your dream config, go and get your fap on 😛Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost]MOBO:ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX PSU: 800Watt OCZ EliteXStream CPU Cooling: Corsair H60 WatercoolingFans: 5 any good brand.Ram :Kingston Genesis HyperX XMP KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX 8GB 1600MHzCase: Antec Twelve HundredGPU : GeForce GTX 590 3GB GDDR5 SLI quad.Hard Drive: Vertex 90GB SSD [primary OS win 7 64bits, games]HDD: About 8TB SATA2 WD, Hitachi raid 0Mouse: Logitech G500Keyboard: Logitech G19Sound :Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speaker System 7.1LG BH12 BluRay writer. and if you have no idea what you can do with this then you have no right to build a config like this 😛

@ snakenobi....

Just FYI....i m myself sitting in front of a 42" LED screen! 😀 I sit at a distance of 1-1.5 feet from the screen and there r no pixels visible. If u have any lower resolution, u will see pixels. But not in 1920x1080. And initially i used to play games on it. Believe me - U WILL HAVE A BLAST on such wide screen. Setup a 5.1 ch speaker system to go with it & u will get an ultimate experience.

U r spending such high amount, so i guess u can easily spend this much more......if i can spend, u surely can.

you use it for gaming and TV right?

videos is what TV's are meant for

thats fine,but when you use it for computer higher resolution is needed

If money is not an issue here is your dream config, go and get your fap on 😛

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost]

MOBO:ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX

PSU: 800Watt OCZ EliteXStream

CPU Cooling: Corsair H60 Watercooling

Fans: 5 any good brand.

Ram :Kingston Genesis HyperX XMP KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX 8GB 1600MHz

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred

GPU : GeForce GTX 590 3GB GDDR5 SLI quad.

Hard Drive: Vertex 90GB SSD [primary OS win 7 64bits, games]

HDD: About 8TB SATA2 WD, Hitachi raid 0

Mouse: Logitech G500

Keyboard: Logitech G19

Sound :Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speaker System 7.1

LG BH12 BluRay writer.

and if you have no idea what you can do with this then you have no right to build a config like this 😛

i mentioned what i want in the OP

the speakers should be wireless streamable

antec case is ugly

i don't want 8tb HDD

want a single 2.5-3.5tb HDD where should i buy it in mumbai

also it should be hackintosh compatible

and please tell me where to buy these in india

I use it as a TV, use it for watching Movies/Other stuff that i download, USED TO USE IT for Gaming, use it for listening to Music, other work related stuff & also for internet.In fact as u mentioned Image/Video editing to some extent, u will find the wide screen very useful. believe me. 1920x1080 will give u a really sharp resolution, and a huge workspace! I reckon u shud check out by asking a vendor to hook a system to a 40-42" screen.......u will realise that it appears really good, without any pixelation.

I use it as a TV, use it for watching Movies/Other stuff that i download, USED TO USE IT for Gaming, use it for listening to Music, other work related stuff & also for internet.

In fact as u mentioned Image/Video editing to some extent, u will find the wide screen very useful. believe me. 1920x1080 will give u a really sharp resolution, and a huge workspace! I reckon u shud check out by asking a vendor to hook a system to a 40-42" screen.......u will realise that it appears really good, without any pixelation.

i have hooked up my own computer to my TV OF 42inch and it look bad

movies,gaming and pics look fine

but it dialy use with internet and desktop look pixelated

can you tell me where to buy this stuff other than lamigton road in mumbai

and is there any LG display shop as i saerched and didn't find anything

Dont tell me u tried 1920x1080 & u saw pixelation on 42" TV! 😕 1920x1080 is a perfect resolution for this size of screen.But yeah for buying, i have my tried & tested strategy - Visit the biggies like Croma, Next, Vijay Sales, etc, zero in on the model u want at these stores, as they have wide variety of options on display. Once u have zeroed in, u shud go to ur local vendor from where u used to buy all ur electronic appliances till now, and tell that owner to get u that model u zeroed in on.The local vendor will not force sell any other crap stuff with the electronic item & will give u the product at cut throat price.

Dont tell me u tried 1920x1080 & u saw pixelation on 42" TV! 😕 1920x1080 is a perfect resolution for this size of screen.

But yeah for buying, i have my tried & tested strategy - Visit the biggies like Croma, Next, Vijay Sales, etc, zero in on the model u want at these stores, as they have wide variety of options on display. Once u have zeroed in, u shud go to ur local vendor from where u used to buy all ur electronic appliances till now, and tell that owner to get u that model u zeroed in on.

The local vendor will not force sell any other crap stuff with the electronic item & will give u the product at cut throat price.

no it isn't

jst google a bit

1080p is good for video which TV's are usually used as and also theya re supposed to be used as a TV sitting a few feet back from it

why do you think companies like Dell,HP,Apple produce 27inch displays with 2560x1440 pixels

my local vendor is croma and they don't have monitors,atleast of the top quality.i have looked all over the place croma,vijay sales,next,etc