HELP !!! Bsnl capped my speed on 1098 plan

• Thread starter Thread starter skpatel71
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6,620
Do you get consistent 7 to 12Mbps? Your streaming video on Netflix or YouTube doesn't buffer? I can't imagine using a mobile connection as the primary home Internet connection on a long term basis.

@Lobogris i move at times. Fiber connection infeasible at my location. Temporary solution until i find a better solution.

Yes, consistent 7-12 Mbps. No it doesn't buffer at all at the Highest settings. (if connection remains undivided).

You cannot compare this temporary thing with 1Gbps stable fiber connection.

Thread:- if Bsnl has really botched this 1098 STV. Then i don't know what options are left.

but the message i which i received after recharging counted 84 days not 75 days, now im confused , seems like there are 2 plans also 1099 and 1098 and 1099 is pure unlimited, previously i used to recharge with 1099 this i did with 1098.

@skpatel71 me and my friend had the exact same problem as you both have the same 1098 plan. Problem started on Saturday and persisted until today. But half an hour ago the problem seem to have been rectified and the connection is working again. Both mine and my friend's. Before that we were getting 4 kbps.U should also check ur connection maybe its working.And i checked on bsnl twitter other people also seemed to have the same problem with the 1098 plan.
Hope ur connection works it is the last truly unlimited plan in India.

Last edited:
@skpatel71 me and my friend had the exact same problem as you both have the same 1098 plan. Problem started on Saturday and persisted until today. But half an hour ago the problem seem to have been rectified and the connection is working again. Both mine and my friend's. Before that we were getting 4 kbps.U should also check ur connection maybe its working.And i checked on bsnl twitter other people also seemed to have the same problem with the 1098 plan.
Hope ur connection works it is the last truly unlimited plan in India.
yes same problm i was also facing on my 5gb per day plan

How much speed you were getting on this plan
is it a special plan
if lower plan gives the speed that you were experiencing including unlimited free, then think of switching to general plans, which gives the same speed.
they may say, 20 mbps , but your wire would give the maximum of 12 mb if you are just using bb plans. if you opt for fibre, then your speed will be more.
please also see the present speed that is given for the plan. bsnl changes without any notice. if you go to selfcare bsnl website and login, you could know the present plan speed.
there is a thread in this forum, which discussed to how to access the information. i do not remember the link. if i know , i will get you that link.

hI, IS THIS THE PAGE THAT GIVES THE LATEST BSNL BB PLAN RATE AND DETAILS. if not please let me know.
My plan speed reduced from 20 gb to 10 gb without any notice whatsoever.
or is it .
previously , the speed will be included in plan details code, wehre all informations would be available. now only plan name is given in selfcare website .
i have doubt that this is related to bb or mobile, as the subject was started by the thread owner in mobile sub fourm. or i am wrong

How much speed you were getting on this plan
is it a special plan
if lower plan gives the speed that you were experiencing including unlimited free, then think of switching to general plans, which gives the same speed.
they may say, 20 mbps , but your wire would give the maximum of 12 mb if you are just using bb plans. if you opt for fibre, then your speed will be more.
please also see the present speed that is given for the plan. bsnl changes without any notice. if you go to selfcare bsnl website and login, you could know the present plan speed.
there is a thread in this forum, which discussed to how to access the information. i do not remember the link. if i know , i will get you that link.
We are talking about bsnl 4g not broadband and has been resolved , it was some technical issue from their side , now im getting full 25mbps unlimited no fup.