Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) News & Updates

See here i'm not supporting IRCTC, but sure the agents are not allowed during 8-9am! IRCTC needs to increase the server capacity, because day by day people travelling in trains are increasing and obvoiusly lots of people will try @ 8am => which leads to service unavailable, in that situation you need to keep on refresh the pages.Anyways 95% i've booked confirmed tickets, reason is i've enough experience in irctc 🙂 .

IRCTC has made some procedural changes to assist Booking agents. For example it is no longer necessary to provide ID details at the time of booking. This is more for the convenience of agents than general public. I have complained to IRCTC many times and even demanded that there has to be CBI enquiry.Today there is a news report that one agent has been arrested in Mumbai for fraudulent booking. He is said to have made 44 Tatkal booking. At one time Mamta Bannerjee was threatening to take the reservation system away from IRCTC. Perhaps she has been convinced that IRCTC alone should do the booking for reasons we can guess.The IRCTC case needs to be handed over to LokPal when it is ready. Otherwise we need somebody to invoke an investigation through interevention of a Court like what Subramanya Swamy did for 2G scam.Naavi of Naavi.org

Irctc thought about changing the release time of tatkal quota couple of years ago. Time announced was 10 AM. I think they fixed this time because, most people will leave to offices and the server will be up. Don't know why they're not doing it.

Hi,

I want to book Tickets through IR's Website. ie, http://irctc.co.in . I would like to get clarification on few doubts:

1) If I want to book for Senior Citizen Male and Female, How to Avail the discounts. Is it enough that they carry Voters Identity Card as Proof?
2) Is Tatkal Reservation not available?
3) How much extra charges sites like makemytrip.com,yatra.com will charge if I book Train tickets through them?

Thanks in Advance

1. There is a checkbox which you can tick when booking the ticket & you would get discount. Yes, need to carry one of the ORIGINAL of the accepted proofs & Voter ID is one of them.2. I believe no senior discount if tatkal3. No idea - Hope somebody else answers.

And you cant book tatkal ticket from Yatra/Makemytrip from 8-9AM. So that defeat the purpose of this website if you want to book the tatkal ticket.

The backend servers are still IRCTC be it Yatra, Cleartrip or anyone else. So if the main site is loaded, these guys will still get impacted. However, considering IRCTC's website is a bigger bottleneck than its servers, overall efficiency should be better on booking from others.

ok. I was not getting confidence after looking at irctc.co.in website. that's why I asked about 3rd party websites. Anyways, I am trying to book with irctc.co.in 🙂

----------

I messed up with the booking! :annoyed: I checked "Must have 2 lower berth" option and the transaction stopped after payment. awaiting refund.. is there a way to know to confirm lower berth?