Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) News & Updates

In IRCTC, there is an option of booking only if atleast one/two lower berths are allotted.

Stupid IRCTC 😛issed-off: 😛issed-off: 😛issed-off: 😛issed-off:
Tried booking 1 ticket in tatkal at 10:00:02 AM!! , I thought i got lucky when i was able to pay the amount, and then PROCESSING............................
BAM! - Connection Error 😛issed-off:
after that site got so loaded, couldn't event get past the login screen :nonchalance: 😱ffended: :numbness:

which is almost useless because it can't be used for booking tickets between 8am to 12pm

It is faster than the regular version. Been seeing this lightweight version for past 2-3 months, if not more.

Only the Home page opens with this lightweight. After this its regular...

LOL, light version simply hides some links during tatkal hours which are otherwise visible during normal hours
Nothing actually gets lighter.
God knows who told them that server would run faster just by simply removing few links!

I just checked it's actually a little faster and apart from the removal of links, a few ads don't appear in the tatkal hours which abates congestion I guess.

Check during tatkal hours! Not now! 😀
Ads dont make too much difference. Ads are served from different server. (from one which books ticket)
That server hardly gets loaded because it does not have to do too much processing (like connect to indian railway ticket server, feed data, handle payments etc.)

First page loads fast. The problem occurs only when you try to book tickets.
Sometimes for some session it starts loading fast.
Out of 12-15 times, 2-3 times I was able to book a ticket in just 10minutes. While other times it even takes 45min to 1hr to book a ticket.
It possibly depends on your luck on that day.

IRCTC adds new feature - "Resumption of Failed tickets"
I just tried it!!! Here is screen shot!!

OH WAIT LET ME BURST THE BALLOON!!
As always they put restrictions!! You have to wait 15 minutes!!!

Hahaha, which means by the time you re-try ur failed transaction, your tatkal vacancies would have reached waitlist!!

Why would anyone wait 15 minutes? Instead they will simply book another ticket!