Help booking railway ticket in irctc.co.in website

prakash_mvpa

Regulars
Regulars
Hi,

I want to book Tickets through IR's Website. ie, http://irctc.co.in . I would like to get clarification on few doubts:

1) If I want to book for Senior Citizen Male and Female, How to Avail the discounts. Is it enough that they carry Voters Identity Card as Proof?
2) Is Tatkal Reservation not available?
3) How much extra charges sites like makemytrip.com,yatra.com will charge if I book Train tickets through them?

Thanks in Advance

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
1. There is a checkbox which you can tick when booking the ticket & you would get discount. Yes, need to carry one of the ORIGINAL of the accepted proofs & Voter ID is one of them.2. I believe no senior discount if tatkal3. No idea - Hope somebody else answers.

maniaco

Regulars
Regulars
Makemytrip & Yatra charges extra for each ticket.

Yatra Charges: We charge a service fee of Rs 10 for non–AC classes and Rs 20 for AC classes.

----------

Book Train Tickets Online

maniaco

Regulars
Regulars
And you cant book tatkal ticket from Yatra/Makemytrip from 8-9AM. So that defeat the purpose of this website if you want to book the tatkal ticket.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
The backend servers are still IRCTC be it Yatra, Cleartrip or anyone else. So if the main site is loaded, these guys will still get impacted. However, considering IRCTC's website is a bigger bottleneck than its servers, overall efficiency should be better on booking from others.

prakash_mvpa

Regulars
Regulars
ok. I was not getting confidence after looking at irctc.co.in website. that's why I asked about 3rd party websites. Anyways, I am trying to book with irctc.co.in :)

----------

I messed up with the booking! :annoyed: I checked "Must have 2 lower berth" option and the transaction stopped after payment. awaiting refund.. is there a way to know to confirm lower berth?