Hell Lot Of Disturbance

• Thread starter Thread starter cooler2005
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 7,738
i dont think that is right coz, i have a parallel line before the splitting.even i had the same problem.what i have dont is that i have splitted the line where it enters the house , then made parallel lines of the adsl.as ur phone will alread have the lines in ur 3 rooms.

@ baudhayan, Yup thats an alternative method, I am already using that. However, its better to use microfilters instead of splitters before each PSTN device coz they are 2 port (splitter has 3 ie for the line, phone and modem) and would be cheaper than splitters.

oh wow.. how much does microfilter cost? where did u find them?splitters cost 150-200rs.

@ cyberwiz - by splitter wht i meant was the ADSL Filter tht comes along with the ADSL Router. Actually I am currently using the way I showed in the diagram & its working perfectly fine. Speeds are also pretty good 🙂@ arnav - as I already said earlier, I suggested this model only for those people who could not do the splitting at the entry point (like mine). I wud have been more than happy if I could have implemented in the perfect way 🙁

yes adsl filter and splitter is 1 and same thing.

QUOTE(Amish @ Jan 17 2007, 07:45 PM) [snapback]75662[/snapback]
oh wow.. how much does microfilter cost? where did u find them?
splitters cost 150-200rs.[/b]

dude!!! 150-200rs for a splitter!!!!!!

man what kind of a splitter is that??? the splitter i bought from the market (which was giving me problems) was for 30rs....and then the mtnl guy came and changed it with the ADSL splitter....

150-200rs...is'nt that a big amount for a splitter??

QUOTE(baudhayan @ Jan 17 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]75667[/snapback]
@ cyberwiz - by splitter wht i meant was the ADSL Filter tht comes along with the ADSL Router. Actually I am currently using the way I showed in the diagram & its working perfectly fine. Speeds are also pretty good 🙂[/b]

Bhaudhayan there is no perfect way, both are equally good implementations and work well. What u got with the router was a splitter and not a filter. Though both of them serve the same function i.e separating the voice frequencies from ADSL frequencies, the difference is in the no of ports they have and what they are designed to do. Anywayz nowadays distinction between splitter/filter is almost blurred and price is also similar.

@ cooler wat did u buy man for 30 bucks? 😱 An ADSL splitter here in Delhi costs 150.

i guess it was just a normal telephone splitter ... that's why it was giving disturbances in my phone.....anyways...which company of splitter are u using which costs 150rs...?? currently i switched over to the ADSL splitter which comes with the D-Link router.....work wonders for me...

cooler:what splitter are u talking abt? we are talking abt adsl splitter. here in mumbai costs 150 to 200rs.u have confused us LOL.cyberwiz:how much did u buy filter (2 ports - 1 in and 1 out) for?what is it called exactly?

^^had filters in UK..havent bought one here. I am using three spiltters instead.

QUOTE(cooler2005 @ Jan 16 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]75392[/snapback]
hi guys

i know this has been posted before and i read all those threads and tried everything u guys told there to do , but it made no difference to me

It's been a month now since i took mtnl broadband connection , immidiately after which my landline phones started giving me problems....

when the router is on i hear the disturbance in all the phones in my house , which the person on the other end cannot hear...he can hear me clearly....

i have 1 phone in each room which makes it 4 phones in my house . For the router i use the direct line which is then connected to the splitter (which i guess is a local company make as it has nothing written on it..) and then my landline and the router.

i've been calling mtnl poeple up everyday mostly , thrashed them everytime i call..but they seem to do nothing at all....even thrashed the SHO or whatever he is (the head guy at my exchange).....

they bloody send the line man to check it everytime....and the f*****g line man does'nt even know what a router is..!!!!

everytime he's here , he does something from the telephone box below my building and at that time the disturbance does'nt come , but after 2-3 hours...it starts again....!!!

in my opinion it's the router's fault coz when i switch off the router the telephone is loud and clear...

has anyone else had this same problem...??? plz reply as if this problem continues for like another month or so...i'll have to throw MTNL off!!!....(that offcourse i don't want to do)......

Cooler2005[/b]

Check out this link, http://socrates0.blogspot.com/2006/01/conf...router-for.html the solution lies in that blog

thanks man..i already solved the problem...thanks for replying anywayz...mod u may lock or close this topic..!!