HDFC Credit Card (RBI Ban Lifted)

^ +1 to what @mhsabir said. Did that for Axis and ICICI, Axis simply converted to a LTF card (not a premium card) and reversed the annual fee. ICICI didn't budge (no waiver, I was hoping that they'd waive 😉), cancelled the card and refunded the annual fee.

You should have asked for a written confirmation for the same, even I was given a "lifetime" free regelia card, while the guy from the bank who called me told its lifetime free and I don't need to fulfull any requirements for the same, I still mailed them for a written confirmation of the same just to be on the safer side.
Also, lol, got a confirmation today that even my card is not a lifetime "free" card. Just registered an electricity bill to smart pay, according to the HDFC customer care guy, and within 90 days it should be changed to lifetime free.

I got a call few days back from HDFC, they offered me lifetime free CC, I said I don't need it now and will contact you in case I require it.

Yes Ok, Lesson learnt I suppose.
How did you submit the application? Was there an OTP involved?

No OTP, signed application physically or digitally.
Just agreed to sales rep. over phone for upgrade.

1. HDFC cards have some requirements to convert the cards to lifetime free.
2. Credit card agents lie all the time, they'll even promise you free movie tickets.
3. It's always your responsibility to get everything in written all the features and liabilities.

At this point, as other members have suggested, cancelling the card and requesting for a refund is your best bet because you've been billed and you're liable to pay it.

Blocking feature is used to re-issue a new card in case you feel that your details are compromised and you're at any risk.

Selling something by telling lies or half truth is not scam in your book ?
Guy never lied here...card was indeed free for 1st year...
It was bit unethical to hide such information...but as consumer we should do our due diligence as well. Something similar happened with me recently when a lady called me offering SBI card for free...(turned out it was just 1st year free..)

Hey guys,I just applied for hdfc credit card.
Now,they want to me to autopay.No issue.But I am unable to find bsnl in billers....
If I do not set up auto pay,will my request be fortified.

AFAIK, if you apply any HDFC card between 1 November and 31 December, you will get an unconditional life time free card. I saw this online on their website and you need to apply through their website for this offer. The offer is available offline also, but I would recommend you checking it with their branch if you apply offline.

I applied today and got in-principle approval. Further processing is left.
Are you sure that it's lifetime free without any conditions?