HDFC Credit Card (RBI Ban Lifted)

never take business cards call rm and force him to get regalia

I recently bought a camera from Amazon during prime sale.
My hdfc card is a basic one and I have some previous order cb pending, so the per month 5%max cb limit on my card was less than total I would have got for buying from smartbuy. So I took 3 months emi offer as hdfc give cb on no cost/cost emi too. This was minimum emi plan available.

Total order was 47-48k something I don't remember exactly.

Cb I got
2400 as 5%cb smartbuy (credited monthly as per emi amount)
1750 prime day offer instant discount.
750 extra on emi txn as amz gift voucher (after 90 days so I will be lucky if I get it)

2400+1750=4150+750=4900.

Edit:Also additional 500 for 50k quarterly spending milestone. Have to wait to see when spending is calculated.

For bill payments big amount or swiggy uber etc I think we can buy amz gv at 5% discount. I don't really need to do this so not sure. You can also get little extra from uber , swiggy etc for using amz pay.

Best part is all your cb is adjusted against statement in next cycle.

I think hdfc still matches or offer better deal than icici during sales.

Last edited:
I visited branch to enquire about HDFC Credit card.
Sales person at desk asked my customer id and after checking some details he told that I am eligible for Regalia.
Since I had gone through some past posts in this thread, so I asked him whether its life time free or would there be any annual charges.

He said I need to spend 1 Lakh in first 3 months, or add some bills to auto-pay, after that my annual fee would be waived off.

After receiving card, I read T&C booklet. It mentions annual fee of Rs 2500. I called sales person and informed that there is no provision mentioned to waive off annual fee in booklet, and please email me T&C to waive off annual fee.
He called and informed that he cannot email those details as its their branch offer only and its not offered by other branches. He also said if I start using it regularly for first 3 months and link some bills then there would be no annual fee.

So should I activate card and start using it, or return it. I already have Amazon ICICI card and Citibank card (which I may close soon as it also has some expense limit).

Last edited:
I had a regular HDFC life time free CC, they upgraded it to Regalia and added the charges also, this was many years back. I told them to waive off or downgrade the card so they waived off the charges.

HDFC wants me to upgrade. Do they continue ltf free status of old card or again I need to fulfill their spending criteria n all.

I'm also getting suggestion for "upgrade" to millenia card from regelia.
Not quite sure how it's upgrade? Feels like a downgrade to me.

Upgrade to money back plus MC or iocl rupay.

Problem is it seems they are phasing out old money-back card so they may force upgrade with first year free which I don't want.

I don't like all the points complications and stuff so all I care about is bank offers and no fee card.

I have mailed them let's see what they say.