HDFC Bank Credit Card Q&As

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 17,108
High credit utilization affects your credit score but it is not as drastic as late payments. Cibil and sbi credit card websites confirm this. Keep your credit utilization below 30% for best results. Pay some amount due before bill is generated so that the final bill reports only 30% of your Cc utilization.

Also it is calculated for total limit of all your cards not each cards individually.

High credit utilization affects your credit score but it is not as drastic as late payments. Cibil and sbi credit card websites confirm this. Keep your credit utilization below 30% for best results. Pay some amount due before bill is generated so that the final bill reports only 30% of your Cc utilization.
somewhere i read, continuously every month using full credit only affects cibil rating, but it is also helps the provider to increase the card limit.

Also it is calculated for total limit of all your cards not each cards individually.
It is calculated on each card individually. Also remember, most of the card companies do not report correct limit to cibil.

Free charge Gateway won't earn you rewards.
you are right, i checked sbi card and no rewards for this transaction.

where i can see the information on this? which types of transactions will not give rewards?

All wallet transactions won't earn you any rewards. All insurance transactions will earn you max rewards point of 2k in a calendar month.

Last edited:
Doesn't HDFC have an online catalogue form where you can buy vouchers and stuff, just like Citi?
I have the HDFC Jet Airways card. As long as Jet airways was in serviice, one can use it on all jet airways flights. After collapse of
jet airways, Intermiles acquired the jet airways frequent flier program and it is even better now. You can use the miles on all airlines now...

All wallet transactions won't earn you any rewards. All insurance transactions will earn you max rewards point of 2k in a calendar month.
I used four CC's to make a payment around 5 lakhs, in that Amazon Pay(ICICI) and Paytm(CITI) cards gave cashback for the trasactions made through freecharge gateway. Flipkart(Axis) and SBI card did not provide any rewards! 🙁

For millenia benefits change to millenia debit which is mostly free with salary account
Which card according to you is kore rewarding than Millenia as ltf/reasonable annual fees ?

Got an sms to upgrade to infinia metal card from regelia.
Though my regelia is LTF and before clicking submit I can't read anywhere that the new card will also be LTF or not. Any way to confirm it?

Looks like everyone is getting some upgrade offer. Mine said joining free. But card itself is a paid one. So just closed window. For me it was from money-back to regelia.

The message for me also says no joining fees, nothing about annual fees. So before I click submit just wanted to check for more details, their upgrade webapp is useless doesn't even show what you will be paying after upgrading