HDFC Bank Credit Card Q&As

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 17,111
Also is there any definition of transaction for 2c)? If I simply add 500Rs 4 times to Amazon wallet - is it acceptable?

Reading Terms and conditions - it says:

For your security, a daily ecommerce (net) limit is placed on the card until the card is delivered to you in person. Furthermore any wallet loading transaction done through the credit card would incur charges of 2.5% of load value

Does this mean that adding money to Amazon wallet will be charged 2.5%?

Okay so this is weird, I was told it is lifetime free without any such conditions, by the guy who called me. Not even smart pay, etc. Now I am worried 😛

There is a hidden trick as well that if you do 12 transactions of 500 in three months then your cart will be eligible for LTF.
Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 5.24.30 PM.webp

Last edited:
As per @Samuel 's post earlier its not 12 transaction in 3 months - its 4 transaction a month for 3 months. So possibly if you do 6 transaction in a month then it will still be counted as just 4 transactions. And then if you just do 3 transaction for next 2 months each and think that 12 transactions are done - you will be ineligible.

Btw where did you get that page? Is there a way where you can check how many transactions are made?

Reactions: a.c
Send a email to this id- priorityredressal.creditcards[a]hdfcbank.com
And you will get a similar email confirming your lifetime free card.

Basis your current representation, we wish to confirm you that we have converted your aforementioned card into lifetime free card and we wish to inform you bills registered in smart pay will be paid as per request raised by the biller.

The load charges are in only in some particular card or all HDFC cards.

Hope other cards do not follow soon. Many cards stopped giving rewards for wallet loads - This would make wallets seem even less useful.

I wonder why shopping sites (like Amazon, Flipkart etc.) should even declare to HDFC that we are loading wallet?

They should simply show as purchase.

Why should HDFC know if I am loading wallet or paying for an item?

Just enable smartpay for one of your utility bills.

Your HDFC mobile app should list your Credit Card over there (if you already are an HDFC customer which I assume you are),

along with with all the recent transactions and such details.

I already have Smartpay enabled (yesterday)

May be it takes time to reflect on rewards portal.

Yes. Increases your overall credit limit thereby reducing the overall credit utilization ratio which is great for CIBIL score. Always accept when they offer limit increases and then restrict the transaction limit in netbanking.

Last edited:
The card will become lifetime free if you fulfill these conditions:

Sorry if this has been answered but can you send the link for these conditions.
Also is this valid for diners club black card also? I mean I would guess no since it falls under the "uber" premium category but worth a shot reading the details.

Edit: Got my answer, ignore this post. For other those conditions don't work, for DCB have to complete the annual spend for free next year.