HDFC Bank NetSafe is finally online again

• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 421
  • Views Views 98,771
Guys this is the reply I have from a Nodal Officer at HDFC.
[SIZE=10pt]Dear Mr. XXXX, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]This is with reference to your email dated April 23, 2013 received by our Nodal Officer, Mr. Sujith Krishnan regarding Netsafe issue.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][color=#ff0000;]We confirm that we are in process of launching new version of Netsafe[/color] and you will be be informed through relevant communication channel once the same is done.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]We regret any inconvenience caused to you and request your patience until then.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]We assure our best services at all times.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]In line with our focus and commitment to Customer Service, we trust that this Grievance Redressal Cell has addressed your grievance in a fair and equitable manner and the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with the resolution, you may write to our Principal Nodal Officer Mr. RatanKumar Kesh at HDFC Bank Ltd., Trade World, “C” Wing,11th Floor, Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel,Mumbai-400013 or E-mail at [/SIZE][font="'ms sans serif'"][SIZE=10pt]pnohdfcbank@hdfcbank.com[/font][/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] or Fax at 022-42197125. Alternatively you can call at Tel: 022-30961541.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Warm Regards,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Trupti Nair
Officer - Grievance Redressal Cell
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]HDFC Bank Ltd.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Our PhoneBanking numbers are available on www.hdfcbank.com> Contact Us. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]This interaction is being tracked through the above reference number and we request you not to change the subject line in future correspondence. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=7.5pt]Disclaimer : [/SIZE]
[SIZE=7.5pt]The information contained herein (including any accompanying documents) is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s)only and may constitute privileged information. If you have erroneously received this message, please immediately delete it and notify the sender. Also, if you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or any accompanying document is strictly prohibited and is unlawful. The organization is not responsible for any damage caused by a virus or alteration of the e-mail by a third party or otherwise . The contents of this message may not necessarily represent the views or policies of HDFC Bank Ltd. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=7.5pt]Regd. Office : HDFC Bank Ltd., HDFC Bank House, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel (W), Mumbai - 400 013. [/SIZE]
[font="'ms sans serif'"][SIZE=10pt]Know more about us on www.hdfcbank.com[/font]. Connect with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hdfcbank[/SIZE]

Disclaimer:
"The information contained herein (including any accompanying documents) is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you have erroneously received this message, please immediately delete it and notify the sender. Also, if you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or any accompanying document is strictly prohibited and is unlawful. The organization is not responsible for any damage caused by a virus or alteration of the e-mail by a third party or otherwise. The contents of this message may not necessarily represent the views or policies of HDFC Bank Ltd."

Harrynode said:
Guys this is the reply I have from a Nodal Officer at HDFC.
That's a good news. I suspected them restarting the service. I thought they would have withdrew the service because of excessive generation of new numbers by customers.
This is really ridiculous that people sell it. I understand that it helps a lot of people, but most of those who use that are having a fake PayPal or eBay account holders, considering a few of them need it to use it to verify their legit accounts, like we have to do it in India.
Honestly, I wish they would enable VbV (or MCSC) with VCC's. I strongly believe they are already planning to implement it. But still, I'm going to send an e-mail with this suggestion immediately, so that they can implement it if they are not planning.

The RBI needs to amend its policy for making payments international merchants who has not implemented 3D Secure. Some banks / credit cards are allowing specific merchants even if 3D Secure is not implemented by them....of course no bank wants to lose business unnecessarily. But some banks are forcing themselves to strictly comply with RBI regulations and that is making our life miserable as well.

GENIE said:
The RBI needs to amend its policy for making payments international merchants who has not implemented 3D Secure. Some banks / credit cards are allowing specific merchants even if 3D Secure is not implemented by them....of course no bank wants to lose business unnecessarily. But some banks are forcing themselves to strictly comply with RBI regulations and that is making our life miserable as well.
I asked yesterday on Y!Answers a question which your point seems to resonate with. I believe you might be able to answer.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130429072200AA1qGLl
"How do subscription payments work with 3D Secure cards?"

vasukinv said:
I asked yesterday on Y!Answers a question which your point seems to resonate with. I believe you might be able to answer.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130429072200AA1qGLl
"How do subscription payments work with 3D Secure cards?"

I have no idea

Subscription payments/recurring payments or even one time payment should be allowed by prior approval. Or by one time password requested by sms on registered mobile phone number.
The point is 3D Secure password is an additional security step which is entered by the customer . So if the banks can provide an alternative mechanism to ensure the transaction is approved by the customer then there should be no objection by RBI
SBI CreditCard follows this procedure when I make a payment to a merchant who does not have 3DSecure. The payment goes through and they call me asking for approval...once when I could not take their call for two days they blocked my card and reactivated after I called them and approved the payment.
These Indian banks are difficult to deal with....they behave like a government department who has least bit of interest in the customer. I think somebody should file a PIL in the supreme court petitioning the RBI to amend the rules so we can transact without unnecessary interference

vasukinv said:
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Some banks / credit cards are allowing specific merchants even if 3D Secure is not implemented by them[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]....of course no bank wants to lose business unnecessarily.[/color]
It's a bit scary to know that. I never felt this fear when I used my Debit Card to buy The Da Vinci Code from flipkart 3-4 years ago, as I was quite sure the data wont leave India (except through VISA channel, if they stored in some other country).

chromaniac said:
You can always ask your bank to issue you a new card. Charges are nominal.
Yes, I already have received a new Debit Card as a replacement for the old one, which had some problems while registering for VbV and then resolved with time. New card will be activated once I use the card or call the customer support and request for activation. It's kept safe to be used in case the original card gets lost or gets compromised.

basically credit and debit work very differently at back end! each transaction merchant has to pay to gateway higher for debit than for credit! for debit card payments the gateways need to reach the bank's internal database(to know actual info of account) which is strongly monitored and the gateways are allowed only if they have very high standards which comply to their method! because banks need to safeguard the account information, the gateways need to be secured, in compliance with the highest security standards(multi tier security to enter into bank's info db) etc.. whereas credit is given on a bank's responsibility and gateway doesn't need to interfere with bank's s/w architecture that's why credit card payment is more preferred online!