HDD sharing For Streaming On Switch Issue

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 2,999
you will get Gigabit speed across all devices which are connected directly to switch because they are directly connected to each other based on MAC address but any traffic which has to go through router will be limited to 100 Mbps.

tfjVuTk.png

Device B and C will have Gigabit speed
Device A and C OR A and B will be limited to 100 Mbps

That's kinda obvious and the OP is aware of it. I have clearly mentioned that too in my post and I quote again "any device that is gigabit capable and if connected to the switch should get gigabit speeds."

ah this is too confusing 😵

OP has 100 Mbps internet connection so when he is transferring data to local devices connected to router via wifi at 60 Mbps from PC. He can use internet at only 40 Mbps (100-60). But he wants to use full 100 Mbps internet and transfer files locally at 60 Mbps simultaneously.

ya i dont want to limit the speed on PC, but when using normal method it limits the speed for PC as WiFi only supports 100Mbps and then also it gives around 92Mbps speeds.

A diagram of your existing setup would also be better. Just make one in Paint like I did.

Your LAN properties show that DHCP is enabled but in OP you said your PC gets 192.168.1.1. It should actually get 192.168.0.x IP from Wifi router since that has DHCP enabled. Do one thing. Remove the Wifi from the switch and see if your PC is getting a local IP address via DHCP (possibly from Airtel). Post a screenshot here.

how you know your PC is getting 192.168.1.1 address ? your pc is configured to get IP automatically so its getting IP from your ISP DHCP server directly like 49.XX.XX.XX

Can you ping and tracert your wifi router from your PC and vice-versa ?

1. Ping and tracert your local router ip 192.168.0.1 from your pc
2. Ping and tracert your public router ip 49.xx.xx.xx from your pc

If you get a static local ip from your ISP it will cause duplicate ip address in your network.

Your current setup will only work if you let your PC do the DHCP instead of your router but then you will have to keep your pc on always.

i left the lan on automatic later, i had given it IP manually before 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.11 none of it allowed the network network HDD from PC to connect over WiFi.

DO i need to get a Gigabit router and it wont create these issued kya? network file sharing form PC also will work over WiFi ?

I can return this switch then..

1. Ping and tracert your local router ip 192.168.0.1 from your pc
2. Ping and tracert your public router ip 49.xx.xx.xx from your pc

If you get a static local ip from your ISP it will cause duplicate ip address in your network.

Your current setup will only work if you let your PC do the DHCP instead of your router but then you will have to keep your pc on always.

how do i ping using pc my router local router IP, as i am not able to open my router page from PC, if i ping lan IP of router from PC i get request time out. its only opening from a device connected to WiFI.

I pinged using PC both Public IP on PC and WIFi,

Source

i just connected my router with direct internet via ISP cable through its WAN port and connected the PC through its LAN port, all worked great including streaming,

Wifi Speeds were limited to 50Mbps though, even though was sitting right next to it, ( Wifi Router is TP-Link 841n its connects on 144 mbps all the time even though its capable of 300mbps, i have forced it to use 40hz then also it doesn't connect to 300mbps.

so it seems for some reason need to probably gonna have to get a new giga router..lol

Last edited by a moderator: