HD TV Tuner card + Tata Sky HD DTH query?

• Thread starter Thread starter santosh86
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 11,320
Is it possible to use this device AVerMedia AVerTV Global - AVerTV TV Tuners and Multimedia Products - AVerTV CaptureHD
with Tata Sky HD so that I can record programs on the computer?

Can the HD set top box provide output to TV and TV tuner card simultaneously? (So that I can watch and also record at the same time)

If not, is there any other device which will allow me to do this?

You should be able to use this to record programs from Tata Sky HD using the HDMI port however if you want to record program on PC + watch TV simultaneously(not on PC but on your TV) then you have to purchase a HDMI splitter which has 2 or more outputs & hence can send signals to both the computer & TV at the same time

The HD set top box has both component out and HDMI out. Is it not pssible to use one out for TV and the other for TV tuner?(Currently HDMI out goes to TV....so, component will be free for TV tuner?)

I'm using Avermedia AVER TV Capture HD (H727). It is pretty good and the recording quality is amazing too, maybe a bit less than the broadcast quality. I'm pretty happy with the IQ of HD channels.

I'm using Avermedia AVER TV Capture HD (H727). It is pretty good and the recording quality is amazing too, maybe a bit less than the broadcast quality. I'm pretty happy with the IQ of HD channels.

Are you using Tata Sky HD?
How are your connections made with respect to TV Tuner (PC), TV and the HD set top box?
Also, is it possible for you to send me a small video (HD and SD)which you have recorded?

My tv tuner card and TS stb (HD), got hdmi ports. You will get a hdmi cable as part of your installation package from TS. and my tv tuner card is internal (uses pci-e slot). give me your mail id.

^^Let me get this clear. Are you saying....Your Tata Sky HD STB is connected to the TV tuner card Via HDMI cable?Then how is your STB connected to the TV? Via component? OR vice versa? As I earlier stated, I want to use the TV tuner and my Plasma TV simultaneously.

Hey...thanks for the screens. The capture quality looks awesome!!How much did you buy it for (H727)? PS: But can I use it simultaneously with TV? Any idea?Let me know if I am asking too many pointless questions..🙂

I bought it from theitwares in lamington road, Mumbai. Check this link
TheITWares -TV Tuners

edit : I don't know how to connect stb to tv and pc simultaneously. Never did that before. There will be people here to help you out.

Alright...thanks for all your help, man.Actually I have posted this "simultaneously" thing in many forums, but haven't received any reply.Guess I should have more patience.

I am having the same Avermedia card and Airtel HD stb with hdmi port. Using a hdmi splitter (available on ebay) I record and watch tv simultaneously. The recording is done thro the hdmi port on the Avermedia card and the videos are awsome. The NGC HD records with near perfection. The only problem I find is that the recorded audio of NGC HD is not in Dolby when played back tho my Onkyo receiver whereas when I watch live the receiver does it in Dolby and the sound is unbelievably great. Can anybody advise about getting the recording of NGH HD in Dolby. My Gigabyte (GA-EP45-UD3R) Motherboard has Realtek HD Audio and has 5.1 channel capability. Where could be the problem?

Tuner card was purchased from IT Depot (online) for over Rs.7000 and the splitter(active) from ebay for Rs.3500. Both offer value for money.