• Thread starter Thread starter ItsMe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 6,597

ItsMe

Its Me only.
ISP
ADL
Today I went to ADTV office to get my remote replaced. I got a chance to talk to a technician there. He confirmed that ADTV has already started testing HD channels. He said that 4 HD channels (all videos) are currently broadcasted for testing purpose. The testing is happening at the ADTV office at Technopark TVM. He told me that I can go there to watch the testing if I want. They are aiming to launch it by Onam it seems. They may be the first in India to provide HD through cable

They are testing many things. But not available even after a couple of years. A great example is VOD.

Today I went to ADTV office to get my remote replaced. I got a chance to talk to a technician there. He confirmed that ADTV has already started testing HD channels. He said that 4 HD channels (all videos) are currently broadcasted for testing purpose. The testing is happening at the ADTV office at Technopark TVM. He told me that I can go there to watch the testing if I want. They are aiming to launch it by Onam it seems. They may be the first in India to provide HD through cable
No Adtv will not be the first one because 2 years before a pune ICC digital cable network has already added 2-3 HD channel in their network . even before any HD channel was launched in india they use to buy the content for HD from abroad
site ICC Digital Network

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

NHK World at 801 is a test HD channel which was added on 1 may 2010 but till now no change has happen to it.

generally they provide 10 to 12 channels in a freq but NHK world is only channel in that freq .
normally 12 SD can be compressed in a freq but only 4 HD channels can be compressed in a freq so that may the reason they have not added any other channel with it . i think they want to keep 1 freq for HD channels