HD DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter balajik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 10,017
But yeah I do notice English movie HD channels are not available as an individual add-on

Yes, I see there are add-ons as I wrote in my previous post. What I'm saying is they are just add-ons for a base package. I suspect arunkris was asking if he can subscribe just for the HD channels without any other SD channels or base package. I don't think that's possible, is it?

No.. You do need a base package.. But, I guess that's how all operators work?

Yep. Even SCV cable which I'm using now. One needs to buy a base pack even to get all FTA channels in digital format and to subscribe add-ons / top-ups.
It's like how in a chettinad restaurant, you can order "extra rice" only if you first order a biryani.

mhsabir said:
No.. You do need a base package.. But, I guess that's how all operators work?
Yes, all operator in India (and abroad as well) provide HD channels as add-on only.
I read that Sky UK was planning to make HD as base pack for subscribers having HD STB. But not sure if they made such changes. Sky UK had also planned to replace all SD channels LCN with their respective HD channels, while SD channels would be displayed somewhere else in list.

So, I bought Videocon d2h HD Set Top Box with 1 Month Subscription of New South Platinum HD Pack.
STB model no. 555-B.