HD dth connection required

• Thread starter Thread starter ishaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 11,261
i would recommend videocon d2h hd. have more HD channels, quality is good(dont know abt other dth providers). iam using it since 3months, i was pretty satisfied with it. the only problem is set-top box & remote build quality. As far as monthly rent d2h is very cheap compared to others. if u pay one year advance rental u will get all channels that videocon has.

Ok videocon paagal hai aur mujhe bhi paagal kar diya I took platinum hd for 5790 rs for 1 year @481 rs a month. On 5/5/13.I took another multi connection @1590 on 9/5/13, which has to give me 2 months free and then rs 180 per month charge Now videocon merged both connection and showing same expiration date of the balance on 12/2/2014. I am not maths buff ever Any maths genius can tell me is my expiration dates are correct? 😀

Let me have a go...
9th May + 2 months = 9th July approx
9th july to 12th Feb = 7 months 3 days , @180 p.m. = 1280
Now, Feb 12 to May 5 = 2 months 20 days, @481 p.m = 1325 approx ..
So, looks a difference of around 50 rupees. Not sure if any charges or some round off errors.

Also.. this is how Videocon works, I dont think they have individual expiration plans for different boxes tied under one household.

Such multi connection calculations are very poorly handled even by Dish Tv. I have 3 STBs at home in Parent-Child mode or multi-tv mode. Their calculations would drive me up the wall. And for the past one year, when I recharge for a month, I would get about 15-16 days set as my next recharge date and my connection would go blank once that date is reached, though I would have made the complete payment. I had to call every month about 6-8 times and scream at them to get the situation corrected and umpteen emails too. I nearly moved out of Dish to Tata Sky due to this.
I finally figured the reason for this miscalculation by their engine. When paying for a month against the parent connection, they would offer 3 Regional Packs free for me to choose. I have 2 HD and 1 SD box. Apparently this crap of 3 regional packs are only free on the HD child packs and not the SD. On the SD the 3rd regional pack is to be paid for. So now I just add this small amount to the amount that comes up on the Dish portal as my amount I wish to pay and I get exactly 30 days as my next renewal date. this has been working fine for me now for the past 3 months and is a very big relief for me.

mhsabir said:
Let me have a go...
9th May + 2 months = 9th July approx
9th july to 12th Feb = 7 months 3 days , @180 p.m. = 1280
Now, Feb 12 to May 5 = 2 months 20 days, @481 p.m = 1325 approx ..
So, looks a difference of around 50 rupees. Not sure if any charges or some round off errors.
bhai jaan i paid 5790 and got 12 months , it comes to 481 rs a month , i got this on 5/5/13 and should last on 4/5/14.
also my balance is showing rs 6045

I got that, basically they have taken 2 months 20 days of your "yearly" hd one and that converts to 7 months of 2nd connection... Now combined they last till Feb.. you dont need to pay for your 2nd connection as well till Feb 2014.

If this still confuses you - take it this way
You paid 5790 for 1 year of HD
you got 2 months free of 2nd connection = 360
so total you paid is like 6150.... And your combined cost per month = 480+180 = 660. So 660 per month of 6150 will last you till Feb 2014.

mhsabir said:
If this still confuses you - take it this way
You paid 5790 for 1 year of HD
you got 2 months free of 2nd connection = 360
so total you paid is like 6150.... And your combined cost per month = 480+180 = 660. So 660 per month of 6150 will last you till Feb 2014.
The 2 months free is not to be calculated at 180 but at full value that a new connection provides. So ideally it should be 480*2 = 960
Important thing to note is that the Child connection DOES NOT entitle you typically to all channels on the parent, but to those channels that are in a specific 'Child' pack. Atleast thats how it is in Dish TV. So there is a possibility for some channels to be missing from the Child connection, though it exists in the Parent STB. I have had this situation.

I am not sure he would get full amount as the connection he got is at 2nd connection price... 1590... And it clearly shows 2nd connection package as 225.
http://www.videocond2h.com/WSC/multiroom_connection.aspx
"For every 2nd, 3rd and the 4th connection, the package remains the same as that of the 1st connection."
Even otherwise the price of the 2nd connection ranges from 180-225. Not 480.

mhsabir said:
I am not sure he would get full amount as the connection he got is at 2nd connection price... 1590... And it clearly shows 2nd connection package as 225.
http://www.videocond2h.com/WSC/multiroom_connection.aspx
"For every 2nd, 3rd and the 4th connection, the package remains the same as that of the 1st connection."
Even otherwise the price of the 2nd connection ranges from 180-225. Not 480.
I'm sorry I guess you are probably right. I am relating to Dish TV, in Dish TV, the second STB purchase price is always the same as the first one and the free pack is as an independent connection for the free duration, after which it gets into the parent-child scheme.

Thats fine..
Overall what they have done looks ok for me numbers-wise. But its a bit confusing for people indeed, and not preferred for those who want separate pricing & tracking for the child connections.

airtel is mamle mein best tha , they , if recharged for package, it used to get entire amount out of the system and showed exact date of package expiring , and 2nd connection had to be recharged as will @160 rs a month .
225 is for hd multi in videocon , for sd multi its 180 only