HD dth connection required

• Thread starter Thread starter ishaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 11,259
ISP
airtel
i already have airtel dth , but as today i got 40 inch es 6200 , i need new hd dth
should i switch airtel dth hd? or anything better is available , videocon ad says it has most hd channels , is it true? what about monthly costs , please advise
thanks

I personally recommend Videocon to every body. Prices are low. Quality of customer service is pretty good.

Don't have a HD TV at home. 🙂 But my dad's CRT is connected to a HD STB from Videocon 😛

i had a regular stb box. remote went bad. i called for a new remote. they told me about an offer. pay for a year in advance, get a free upgrade to hd box. i said fine.
dad does not want to change tv. so basically, he is using the hd stb on his crt.

I too have Airtel HD, I would suggest you change, even I am planning to switch soon, Airtel is getting costlier day by day and also their packages no longer suits me. ( Ex,just to get ESS channels the minimum base pack is of Rs.350, where as individual channel costs 50 each) Also lack of HD content when compared to Dish and Videocon D2h, they even removed ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD too.

now the problem starts , i have 2 airtel dth at home , as multi connections for 2nd tv, now if i change only 1 dth to any other company hd then 2nd will become pricey as it will be a stand alone , right now 2nd connection is for 160 rs flat only.
if i change both connection then i will have to pay for stb too for both now. what to do :-(

If u are a sports fanatic I would suggest Videocon as they have all the sports channel in HD where as Dish Tv does not have STAR cricket and ESPN HD. Every company has multi tv schemes chose which one suits ur budget. I have no idea about the prices. If u are satisfied with Airtel stick to it. End of the day its a personal choice depends on the channels you and your family watch and also the cost. HD quality is more or less same in all the DTH, its from the broadcasters end. Videocon HD MAX package is around 500 i suppose where as DISH TV is 599. In airtel the highest pack with all HD channels is close to 600.

So I bought videocon hd, but still retained my 2nd airtel because I had 1 month money left with them, had planned to move 2nd to videocon after 1 month. But airtel disconnect my 2nd connection instead of 1st and when I complained they disconnected my 1st too, and 2nd connection will take 10 days, Basically I need my 500 rs plus hardware refund (which they give when they take hardware back) , will I get both things back? Money plus money for hardware?

I doubt they will give money that is left in balance in account unless you can show clearly that it is their fault (and I suspect you may need several/calls followup in case there is no documented proof, maybe even if you have). Most DTH companies clearly say if you cancel, balance is gone. Now coming to the hardware itself, all DTH companies have run various schemes at various times. For me, Airtel clearly mentioned that box is returnable and whatever I pay upfront is one-time charge and not deposit , I double checked when buying. So, I got nothing back for hardware. I had some 5-6 days worth of balance left, which I did not bother as I knew that it would futile as well.

mere to 470 rs hai bhai , main nahi chod sakta , wo bole ki 50+ amount hoga to refund karenge , hardware mana kar rajhe hain , lekin i came to kaihin se hardware ka milta hai

Ok. Yes, you are right. Since the amount is more than 50, they would likely refund. Hardware, you can check.