HD Channels in india

• Thread starter Thread starter avoodi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 10,719

avoodi

ISP
bsnl
HiDoes anyone know if there are any service providers who transmit HD (high definition) channles ? I have bought LCD TV and was hoping there would be atleast few providers.. i was really hoping Tata Sky or someone would have some HD channels . but have no idea .. please let me know

Hi
Does anyone know if there are any service providers who transmit HD (high definition) channles ?
I have bought LCD TV and was hoping there would be atleast few providers.. i was really hoping Tata Sky or someone would have some HD channels . but have no idea ..

please let me know

In the near future Bharti and Reliance Blue Magic will be lauching HD Channels.:O

In the near future Bharti and Reliance Blue Magic will be lauching HD Channels.:O
This is still unconfirmed I believe.

Before India had lots of channels there was the rental video store, are there any of them for HD content yet ?

^ No. Rental stores are basically limited to two types now (in Delhi at least) - the local neighbourhood guy, and online rental stores like seventymm and homeview. Neither keep HD-DVDs or Blu-Rays because there is no demand. And there is no demand because people are not aware of them. And they are not aware because companies do a piss poor job of advertising and promoting new technology.Forget HD content, as of now most people rent VCDs simply because it's cheaper, and they haven't got an appreciation for the difference in quality that DVDs bring.@house: What you say is common sense. But more and more it seems that in the world of hypertechnical business policies and practices, these companies forget the fundamentals of how to promote a product. Unfortunately, to an extent Sony doesn't need to care, because there are a lot of people who buy HDTVs for 1, 2, 3 lakhs and then put Tata Sky on them. So most people who can afford them, buy them anyway, sheerly for the size of the screen.

Well you can buy HD or blu ray movies from amazon.com if you got an HD player or ps3.They do ship to india. Else you have to connect your computer to tv and then watch HD stuff.