• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 6,878

ganesh177

Regulars
ISP
BSNL broadband
Hayden calls India a 'third-world country'

MELBOURNE: Australian opener Matthew Hayden has called India a third-world country and blamed his team's sluggish over-rate in the lost Test
series on Indian batsmen's reluctance to "face up" quickly enough and the constant movement around sightscreens.

"They (opposition batsmen) are very difficult to get to face up," Hayden said.

Hayden said sightscreen adjustments also played a part in delaying the proceedings as someone or the other kept moving around it.

"Often we find ourselves with hands on hips waiting for someone to either face up or someone in the sightboard to move away; all the little frustrations that happen in third World countries and the heat as well," he added.

Australia were behind schedule on the penultimate day of the fourth and final Test, which forced their skipper Ricky Ponting to use part-time spinners instead of pacers at a crucial juncture.

Ponting, who could have been banned for a Test for the slow over-rate, came under severe criticism for his tactics. Hayden said over-rates have always been a problem for Australia.

"We've had trouble with our over rates for a long time now. It's not just us in international cricket that seems to struggle with it for whatever reason," Hayden said.

Hayden slammed for calling India 'Third World country'

New Delhi, November 14: The BCCI reacted strongly to Matthew Hayden's comment about India being a 'Third World' country, saying such a remark was totally uncalled for from the Australian opener.

Back home after the 2-0 series defeat, Hayden spoke about, what he perceived, poor ground conditions and inordinate delays during the matches ‘that happen in Third World countries’.

Not to take it lying down, BCCI Finance Committee Chairman Rajiv Shukla lashed out at the Australian for his remarks.

"This was a completely uncalled for remark by him. A player of his stature should not have made the comment," an angry Shukla said.

"If slow-over rate is your habit, why blame India for that and call India Third World? We are a very prestigious nation and it was not a nice comment by him," Shukla said.

Hayden made a list of things which he felt resulted in Australia's slow over-rates in the series against India.

He alleged the Indian batsmen were reluctant to ‘face up’ quickly enough and there was constant movements around sightscreens.

"They (opposition batsmen) are very difficult to get to face up," Hayden said.

"Often we find ourselves with hands on hips waiting for someone to either face up or someone in the sightboard to move away; all the little frustrations that happen in Third World countries and the heat as well," he added.

Australia were nine overs or 40 minutes behind schedule onthe penultimate day of the fourth and final Test in Nagpur, which forced their skipper Ricky Ponting to use part-time spinners instead of pacers at a crucial juncture.

Ponting, who could have been banned for a Test for the slow over-rate, subsequently came under severe criticism for his tactics.

Hayden, however, admitted over-rates have always been a problem for Australia.

"We've had trouble with our over rates for a long time now. It's not just us in international cricket that seems to struggle with it for whatever reason," Hayden said.

We went to d moon and he says IIIrd world😡😡😡😡 Kangaroos are still on earth.😛

i dont get it. india is a third-world country so why the controversy?

i dont get it. india is a third-world country so why the controversy?

We WERE, we are NOT now.:redface:

It reminds me of marathi saying '' nachta yeina aangan wakde''. Means '' I cudn't dance becoz the ground was tilted.''One thing for aussies, learn to accept defeats.booooooooooo 😗

since when did india become a developed nation?someone has to tell me...we are yet to provide safe drinking water to every citizen of the country. is this a sign of a developed nation?someone please explain to me. how can we call ourselves a developed country?from what i know, we are still very much a third world country.educationsanitationroadspowerfoodjobslook at per capita incomelook at the people below poverty linelook at the unemploymentlook at sex ratiolook at literacy rate

since when did india become a developed nation?

someone has to tell me...

we are yet to provide safe drinking water to every citizen of the country.

is this a sign of a developed nation?

someone please explain to me. how can we call ourselves a developed country?

from what i know, we are still very much a third world country.

education
sanitation
roads
power
food
jobs

There are 3 types of Nations:

1. Developed: Those which enjoy clean water😕
2. Developing: Those which enjoy dirty water
3. Backward: You can label them as IIIrd world countries!

India is in between 1 and 2. Neither 2 nor 1. Its wrong to call us IIIrd world...

Till 1990 India was IIIrd world...but not after that. China was never under IIIrd world category!

First (blue), Second (red), and the Third World (green) countries during the Cold War (1946-90).

India has changed a lot from 1990...it's unfair to call it Third world now

the so called development in india is limited to smaller regions. metro cities for example. go 100 KM outside delhi and you would see something that really does not arouse the feeling of a second or first world country. you are living in nai dilli. you see the malls, the rich strata of the society. india is not made up of these people. majority of india still is living in third world. caste and religion are major issues for them... prosperity comes secondary.

Every people here will criticize Hayden now but in next IPL every one will support him:wall::evil:.Each and Every indian is having short term memory loss🙁. I strongly agree with the Admin.

haha i always register in international forums with location as "Third World Country" and avoid disclosing the exact country even if insisted upon. the developed world definitely has some prejudice against south asian countries. a mighty fine name to call late economic bloomers like us. no better way to shock someone by calling a oneself a TWC citizen. but you don't call a retard a "retard" directly to his face do you? you call him "disabled".