Hayai Broadband Speed Test and Ping Test Results

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 359
  • Views Views 104,973
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind posting new speedtest results 😛

Once I am able to visit the office back in Mumbai it will be possible.

I want the results from hayai not from hns or Hughes! But i guess you people do not have a license from TRAI?

Would have liked to meet you in Mumbai ....but all your mumbai meetings are weekdays and office hours !!!
If you plan to have any meeting on weekend ...PM me please ...would be glad to update you on last 5 years of my broadband experience 🙂

Probably only weekend date I have free is May 7th, afternoon.

Hey don't forget this once you reach mumbai 🙂
https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/56632-hayai-broadband-speed-test-and/36/#post482962

If time permits, but even that isn't looking too great at the moment.

I want the results from hayai not from hns or Hughes! But i guess you people do not have a license from TRAI?

No, that's the IP address to ASN delegation - we didn't have any IP addresses at that time, just ones we were borrowing from HNS... also we've never used Hughes.

No, that's the IP address to ASN delegation - we didn't have any IP addresses at that time, just ones we were borrowing from HNS... also we've never used Hughes.

So this time also you are going to post results of a Hns connection? If u do that i'l Ask sushubh to create another thread called "Ush Ush" broadband where i can also provide 100 mbit/s connection, I will go to my auncle office and post speed test and videos from his office. he has 150mbps Leased line, then i can also fool others that i am also launching "ush ush" broadband - Caption - " Flying with Speeds 😛" Ush ush.. LOLZ!:thunder:

So this time also you are going to post results of a Hns connection? If u do that i'l Ask sushubh to create another thread called "Ush Ush" broadband where i can also provide 100 mbit/s connection, I will go to my auncle office and post speed test and videos from his office. he has 150mbps Leased line, then i can also fool others that i am also launching "ush ush" broadband - Caption - " Flying with Speeds 😛" Ush ush.. LOLZ!:thunder:

I agree with him and i have also said earlier that the Hayai speed test thread is "inappropriate" and "unprofessional".
How come u post results of a service which is not even there.

It wouldn't matter whose connection we used so long as the BGP, routing tables, IP address pools and everything else were configured correctly - all it is is an identifier as to whose network the connection is originating at.

Since HNS is effectively in Hayai's upstream, I would technically be using their connection anyway, except that because the source would be on a machine which was delegated an IP address being leased from APNIC by Hayai (or subleased from HNS and delegated to Hayai's ASN), instead of showing up as having originating in HNS'es network, it would show up as originating in Hayai's network (although any traceroute will tell you that the traffic has passed through HNSes network unless we chose to route the combined traffic in a parallel configuration rather than in a serial configuration...)

The same is true for any all ISPs - HNS, BSNL, MTNL, Fivenet, Beam etc - they're all buying off of Bharti, Reliance and Tata, but because they have those IP addresses assigned to their ASN, speedtest.net correctly identifies the source network, as it would if I set up a box in any existing ISPs data centre with Hayai IPs and BGP announcements.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

I agree with him and i have also said earlier that the Hayai speed test thread is "inappropriate" and "unprofessional".
How come u post results of a service which is not even there.

Pretty sure I said at the time it was being posted from the data centre (which the traceroutes also showed)

^^^ well i don't think that details ar at all needed.It is simple.....u tested on a leased line, at the node, that too unloaded....u will always get the maximum speeds won't u?Moreover it is analogous to say a fivenet/nivyah owner doing the speed test directly on his ISP node....he will always get great speeds to post won't he(i even leave the fact that he might bluff by testing on an unloaded connection)...perhaps admin can better say what he thinks abt the thread.

^^^ well i don't think that details ar at all needed.

It is simple.....u tested on a leased line, at the node, that too unloaded....u will always get the maximum speeds won't u?
Moreover it is analogous to say a fivenet/nivyah owner doing the speed test directly on his ISP node....he will always get great speeds to post won't he(i even leave the fact that he might bluff by testing on an unloaded connection)...

perhaps admin can better say what he thinks abt the thread.

Those tests were run on HNS'es live network, which, excepting the Mumbai speedtest.net node, were all tests to nodes outside of HNS network (and thus not under their control).

The fact that we were 2 hops closer to those servers than you would be at home and not limited by technologies like DSL or the system provided by your cablewala make really not much difference, as there's virtually no attenuation or loss on fiber, so what we would get at the data-center should be within about 1/20th of a percent as to what you should get at home. I was still on a run-of-the-mill machine with a 100mbit/s NIC.

Think about it: if I was going to fake any of the results I would have asked them to dedicate me at least 100mbit/s to all the places that got low results (like Tokyo and parts of the USA), and I might have only shown torrents that gave me speeds of like 10 megabytes per second instead of 3.

... I can't say anything unless you launch the service. Which is not going to happened in next 6 months!!!
Those tests were run on HNS'es live network, which, excepting the Mumbai speedtest.net node, were all tests to nodes outside of HNS network (and thus not under their control).

The fact that we were 2 hops closer to those servers than you would be at home and not limited by technologies like DSL or the system provided by your cablewala make really not much difference, as there's virtually no attenuation or loss on fiber, so what we would get at the data-center should be within about 1/20th of a percent as to what you should get at home. I was still on a run-of-the-mill machine with a 100mbit/s NIC.

Think about it: if I was going to fake any of the results I would have asked them to dedicate me at least 100mbit/s to all the places that got low results (like Tokyo and parts of the USA), and I might have only shown torrents that gave me speeds of like 10 megabytes per second instead of 3.

Not gonna help.. You are trying to owe us an explanation.. but i am not satisfied.. Its time i say serious BYE to hayai threads! I still feel its imaginary.. U launch 1st and i will get back..

well well well....I think there are many terms like over subscription, contention ratio and all that stuff...which makes the real speed test results.

... I can't say anything unless you launch the service. Which is not going to happened in next 6 months!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we simply don't know until I have the green light and can offer a solid launch date.

Not gonna help.. You are trying to owe us an explanation.. but i am not satisfied.. Its time i say serious BYE to hayai threads! I still feel its imaginary..

As you wish.

well well well....I think there are many terms like over subscription, contention ratio and all that stuff...which makes the real speed test results.

Duh. What do you think contention ratio and all that tripe is? That's what I'm trying to tell you - if I wanted to fake some results, I doubt it would have been difficult to do. Instead I gave you results from a live network. Take it or leave it.

and i think i said all this in prety simple language, it is not that hard to understand.

i think i hav made my point and admin should take the final call and close the thread https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/56632-hayai-broadband-speed-test-and/.

I've also made the counter point that what you see is what you get. By not artificially limiting the speed between your place and ours, there's no reason your results would be any less. Make of that what you will.

Assuming there are no objections, I will indeed close this thread - and it's all entirely up to you as to whether or not you believe that you'll get these kinds of speeds on our network.

Status
Not open for further replies.