Hayai Broadband Hardware Details

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 279
  • Views Views 75,102
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that both mgcarley and ipv6.test-ipv6.com are on proper IPv6; however the route between them is not completely IPv6; Pacenet is in the route between them and it doesn't have proper IPv6 connectivity.

Again, we are not peered with, nor do we direct any traffic through Pacenet, nor are they nor have they ever been in our upstream. At all.

Do a traceroute to ipv6.test-ipv6.com and ipv4.test-ipv6.com; that should make things much clearer. For this to make any sense, Pacenet should be somewhere in the traceroute.

The result has to be a mistake somewhere. It may be something to do with my LCO's systems - maybe some 6to4 box somewhere at their office is delegating me an IPv6 address from some pool somewhere. It may explain why sometimes I lose v4 connectivity (eg when the AAA server is being rebooted) while v6 connectivity continues to work uninterrupted, and given that it's not delegating me a v6 address from the HNS v6 pool, it's the only explanation I can think of at the moment, even if it's not likely.

My traceroute to that site does not go through Pacenet either, and my traceroute to that v4 IP goes via Bharti, so, it's quite random and weird.

been reading up on this forum btw, digging it!! the progress seems to be good, hayai sounds like an excellent option for sure..seems to have come a long way since the first page dated jan 2010..! fed up of random unfair FUPs and the not so fast so called 'high speed broadband' services being currently provided to most of us..some technical stuff that i don't understand but getting the jist of it. excited about trying you guys out in delhi asap! hope you guys go huge. cheers

So are we, dude... so are we! Then Delhi-ites can finally stop asking when we're coming to Delhi 😛

Also, to start a new thread, you'll need to go to the relevant section (eg Hayai Broadband) and there's a button to "post new thread" - I think it's in the top left above the list of existing threads, if I remember rightly.

----------

MgCarly can easily see if he is on 6to4 or true IPv6 by checking ipconfig on PC.

Its funny he makes it appear that he knows it all but he completely overlooks the IP reported by IPv6 test site, which is not true IPv6.

Its only after people really pointed it out, he realized it.

So clearly routing is not proper. Someone messed up. Who? We dont know.

I'm not infallible and I have admitted fault.

I'm on 6to4 for some reason that has yet to be ascertained. I should be getting a v6 IP in our range but I'm not and it's causing confusion.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we are in no way connected to Pacenet, either physically with cables or via any business links. Our only common thing is that we both buy some traffic from Bharti.

So are we, dude... so are we! Then Delhi-ites can finally stop asking when we're coming to Delhi 😛

Also, to start a new thread, you'll need to go to the relevant section (eg Hayai Broadband) and there's a button to "post new thread" - I think it's in the top left above the list of existing threads, if I remember rightly.

----------

muchos gracias

25.As a broadbandforum.co member, will I receive a discount to Hayai Broadband services?

Yes. The only rule on this is that you must be active within the community (in other words, a regular patron of IBF).

26. Is there any other way I can get a discount on Hayai Broadband services?

Yes. Referrals can help your account balance (they must mention your User ID when they subscribe).
Occasionally we may do special deals for people who switch their ISP over to Hayai. (updated 09/02/2011)

awesome 😀

----------

https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/72734-hayai-broadband-vote-if-you/
delhi's got the highest % yet in your 'I Want Hayai Broadband in my City' poll ! 2012 isn't coming on fast enough!

ya.. but you won't get a discount right away as you are new.. and you have posted it in the wrong thread.

ya.. but you won't get a discount right away as you are new.. and you have posted it in the wrong thread.
well, seeing as how Hayai is expected be coming to delhi in the first quarter of 2012 and not tomorrow, i don't see that as a problem. moreover, neither that decision nor that conclusion is for you to make. 🙂

well the point is that do not expect discounts to be very high. his margins are already very low.

My traceroute to that site does not go through Pacenet either, and my traceroute to that v4 IP goes via Bharti, so, it's quite random and weird.
Repeat the test on test-ipv6.com and see if it shows a Pacenet IP again. 🙂

25.As a broadbandforum.co member, will I receive a discount to Hayai Broadband services?

Yes. The only rule on this is that you must be active within the community (in other words, a regular patron of IBF).

26. Is there any other way I can get a discount on Hayai Broadband services?

Yes. Referrals can help your account balance (they must mention your User ID when they subscribe).
Occasionally we may do special deals for people who switch their ISP over to Hayai. (updated 09/02/2011)

awesome 😀

----------

https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/72734-hayai-broadband-vote-if-you/
delhi's got the highest % yet in your 'I Want Hayai Broadband in my City' poll ! 2012 isn't coming on fast enough!

I'll keep that in mind 😉

well, seeing as how Hayai is expected be coming to delhi in the first quarter of 2012 and not tomorrow, i don't see that as a problem. moreover, neither that decision nor that conclusion is for you to make. 🙂

Even in 3 months I doubt you'd have enough posts in our threads 😉 I'm pretty prolific myself (even in other sections) and it's taken me 2.5 years to hit ~5100.

well the point is that do not expect discounts to be very high. his margins are already very low.

Well, not as high as the 10,000% margins the operators have been enjoying... but low enough that we can only discount services so far.

Repeat the test on test-ipv6.com and see if it shows a Pacenet IP again. 🙂

As per the post, it doesn't. As I've repeated many times, we are not peered with Pacenet, we do not buy bandwidth from Pacenet, we have nothing to do with Pacenet, we are not connected to them in any way, shape or form with either IPv4 or v6. Period.

tbh just getting the services in my city pronto would be more than i can ask for ! A discount would have been nice but i'm not disheartened even for a second if i'm not going to be getting any discounts..The concept of getting a discount from your broadband service provider itself i've heard only the first time so no love lost if i have to pay about 2k pm for 15mbps without any discounts 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.