• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 279
  • Views Views 75,116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh.. sorry to interrupt, but..
2002:cb73:46ba:4:b957:ea47:1f08:9749 == 203.115.70.186

Hostname : 186-ghk-worldnet.pacenet-india.com? I thought you're using Hayai privately already :eagerness:

I'm certainly not on Pacenet, nor do we get any addresses from them. Nor is that my public v4 IP (I'm on 111.91.x.x which should resolve to HNS). I think that translation is wrong... where did you get it from?

----------

Furthermore, according to AS23682 Broadband Pacenet India Limited - bgp.he.net Pacenet aren't even announcing any IPv6 addresses.

2002:: series IS NOT really IPv6 address. Its reserved for existing IPv4 to IPv6 mapping. Anyone wanting to connect to IPv6 network via IPv4 IP can use that IP range.

However its recommended to get real IPv6 IP.

So why isnt Hayai using true IPv6 address? I wonder how it is working for u if u r not on pacenet because reverse packets shud not reach you.

----------

inetnum: 203.115.64.0 - 203.115.79.255
netname: PACENET
descr: India's Premeir Broadband and IPTV services, Mumbai.

----------

Furthermore, according to AS23682 Broadband Pacenet India Limited - bgp.he.net Pacenet aren't even announcing any IPv6 addresses.

2002: series dont need announcing. It works on my MTNL triband too.

----------

I think that translation is wrong... where did you get it from?

Its simple HEX to DECIMAL. Ignore 2002.. convert rest 4 octets to decimal and u wil get that IP.

2002:: series IS NOT really IPv6 address. Its reserved for existing IPv4 to IPv6 mapping. Anyone wanting to connect to IPv6 network via IPv4 IP can use that IP range.

However its recommended to get real IPv6 IP.

So why isnt Hayai using true IPv6 address? I wonder how it is working for u if u r not on pacenet because reverse packets shud not reach you.

I wonder if it's that I'm going through a 6to4 device rather than being allocated from our correct range, one of which for the time being is 2401:4800::/32. Will check. Pacenet doesn't have any IPv6 addresses that I can see. At all. As for my true IPv6 address, I'm wrong about that, it should be in the aforementioned range. I guess it's working in DS mode or something. Will have that looked at today.

inetnum: 203.115.64.0 - 203.115.79.255
netname: PACENET
descr: India's Premeir Broadband and IPTV services, Mumbai.

Its simple HEX to DECIMAL. Ignore 2002.. convert rest 4 octets to decimal and u wil get that IP.

I checked and got the same result. That v4 range to ASN is correct, but the v6 address can't be from Pacenet because they have no v6 anywhere at all, nor do we send any traffic their way, nor do we peer with them. That address is 10 hops away from me - to get to them my traffic goes via Bharti.

My guess is that both mgcarley and ipv6.test-ipv6.com are on proper IPv6; however the route between them is not completely IPv6; Pacenet is in the route between them and it doesn't have proper IPv6 connectivity.When the route uses IPv6 throughout, mgcarley's actual IPv6 address will be visible in test-ipv6.com.

umm this probably sounds really dumb but i'm quite new to this, and as much as asking a fellow man instructions to anything technology related(sigh) pains me,,,could someone tell me how i can start a forum! can't figure it out on the website!

umm this probably sounds really dumb but i'm quite new to this, and as much as asking a fellow man instructions to anything technology related(sigh) pains me,,,could someone tell me how i can start a forum! can't figure it out on the website!

I would probably sound even dumber when I suggest you to google for instructions rather than ask here.

Do a traceroute to ipv6.test-ipv6.com and ipv4.test-ipv6.com; that should make things much clearer. For this to make any sense, Pacenet should be somewhere in the traceroute.

I would probably sound even dumber when I suggest you to google for instructions rather than ask here.

i lovee how people get mean on the drop of a hat! its so mature! so i guess it makes me lazy when i look for instructions from people on this website itself, rather than looking it up from google.. when i see several people online, anticipating that one of you people listed as 'admins' or 'regulars' or 'seniors' and what not might take a few seconds and reply in the time i'm online myself thus solving my admittedly embarrassing question..but hey guess that seems to much to ask 😛
p.s.-no intention of turning this into a flame war

----------

been reading up on this forum btw, digging it!! the progress seems to be good, hayai sounds like an excellent option for sure..seems to have come a long way since the first page dated jan 2010..! fed up of random unfair FUPs and the not so fast so called 'high speed broadband' services being currently provided to most of us..some technical stuff that i don't understand but getting the jist of it. excited about trying you guys out in delhi asap! hope you guys go huge. cheers

You should have posted your question in another section of the forum. This is the hayai bb section. 🙂

i lovee how people get mean on the drop of a hat! its so mature! so i guess it makes me lazy when i look for instructions from people on this website itself, rather than looking it up from google.. when i see several people online, anticipating that one of you people listed as 'admins' or 'regulars' or 'seniors' and what not might take a few seconds and reply in the time i'm online myself thus solving my admittedly embarrassing question..but hey guess that seems to much to ask 😛
p.s.-no intention of turning this into a flame war

----------

been reading up on this forum btw, digging it!! the progress seems to be good, hayai sounds like an excellent option for sure..seems to have come a long way since the first page dated jan 2010..! fed up of random unfair FUPs and the not so fast so called 'high speed broadband' services being currently provided to most of us..some technical stuff that i don't understand but getting the jist of it. excited about trying you guys out in delhi asap! hope you guys go huge. cheers

Well what do you expect? Your first post in any random topic asking for totally different thing.. This is not exactly a web developer's forum.

Well what do you expect? Your first post in any random topic asking for totally different thing.. This is not exactly a web developer's forum.

what i expect is to get a simple answer for a simple question. seeing as how this thread was in one of the most recent active threads, and since i intended to start the forum regarding upcoming broadband service providers since i'm fed of the services being currently provided, i thought that this forum might be rather apt. but i digress. didn't expect my little question to have sparked a random row or get a reply other than a single simple helpful suggestion but anyway lets just leave it at that and let the thread not waver from it's original discussion. i'm just going to follow this and several other threads i found related to the topic i intended to raise/get suggestions for thus eliminating the need to start a forum at all.

ok. back to traceroutes, pacenet et al..

what i expect is to get a simple answer for a simple question. seeing as how this thread was in one of the most recent active threads, and since i intended to start the forum regarding upcoming broadband service providers since i'm fed of the services being currently provided, i thought that this forum might be rather apt. but i digress. didn't expect my little question to have sparked a random row or get a reply other than a single simple helpful suggestion but anyway lets just leave it at that and let the thread not waver from it's original discussion. i'm just going to follow this and several other threads i found related to the topic i intended to raise/get suggestions for thus eliminating the need to start a forum at all.

ok. back to traceroutes, pacenet et al..
then pm the admin(chromaniac,www.broadbandforum.co/members/chromaniac), he'll answer your simple question.

One thing about a forum is asking questions where it is relevant...:eagerness:

i guess it makes me lazy when i look for instructions from people on this website itself, rather than looking it up from google.

Yes dude...This makes you lazy..as lazy as anyone can be.....

then pm the admin(chromaniac,www.broadbandforum.co/members/chromaniac), he'll answer your simple question.
ah yes. as it so happens, i looked up the profiles of several of the admins who i saw were online at the time, didn't find one who had a 'pm me at...' on their profile,unlike the one you suggested..but thanks anyway.

dips0502;maybe i should start a forum about starting a forum..oh wait something in that picture doesn't add up 😕

MgCarly can easily see if he is on 6to4 or true IPv6 by checking ipconfig on PC.Its funny he makes it appear that he knows it all but he completely overlooks the IP reported by IPv6 test site, which is not true IPv6.Its only after people really pointed it out, he realized it.So clearly routing is not proper. Someone messed up. Who? We dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.