Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I am hoping to see photos of hardware to be supplied by Hayai Broadband to customers here... 🙂 mgcarley has to post the images of the modems/routers/set-top-boxes etc...

Even I want to see the hardware involved in all of this...

yes, more than just "see", it will also be nice to check out the tech specs 🙂 for example, will the wireless stuff (dongles whatever) work in linux or do we need to get the linux devs to add support for them 🙂

I am hoping to see photos of hardware to be supplied by Hayai Broadband to customers here... 🙂

mgcarley has to post the images of the modems/routers/set-top-boxes etc...

Will do that on Monday for sure.

yes, more than just "see", it will also be nice to check out the tech specs 🙂 for example, will the wireless stuff (dongles whatever) work in linux or do we need to get the linux devs to add support for them 🙂

The wireless stuff I don't have much info on at the moment, but since it will be essentially Mobile WiMax (802.16e) and YES I believe it will be on a licensed band instead of an unlicensed one (so our spectrum isn't as crowded) - so if you happen to possess an Nokia N810W or N900 or other WiMax enabled device it should work perfectly well, irrespective of OS. When I know what chipset we're using I will post it.

my friend ditched me and did not get me the n900 i had asked him to bring back 🙁

yea, im still keeping an eye on the N900 (it doesnt have wimax tho, of course)... if Nokia manages to get maemo6/qt working in it smoothly i will buy 🙂

any updates?

Give me until next week. Some customers may get stock-standard Linksys routers (WRT54G - the hackable ones) in the event that we're unable/not allowed to add new fiber within the building, the other equipment I'll try and get a photo of... probably me holding the unit in an awkward pose or something 😀

Waiting for some photos of the equipment, Mathew!

That'll involve visiting a warehouse. So much I have to do to please you guys na! 😀

Let him install it at my home and then i will take the pictures and post it 😛

I'll definitely have pictures before then. What equipment you get depends on your building: if we can install new cables, then you'll get shiny new STBs. Otherwise if I recall, you'll get a Linksys box of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.