Hayai Broadband FAQs

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,631
  • Views Views 194,616
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh great, btw what exactly does this mean "1Gbit/s access within our network which isn't counted towards your data usage" is it kinda a LAN connection? btw can you tell us the minimum rate for UL data plan??

i have been using Airtel, and they are going to upgrade all their 512 & 256 kbps plans. So its like we will get 512 KBPS UL + 500 A-A calls & 150 mins Airtel Talktime at just Rs 749/- and also they provide free Airtel-Airtel landline calls every sunday etc etc & has excellent customer service.I am not sure, but your speeds looks cool, but 2 main thing is Customer Service + Pricing. I think if you are gonna start pricing from Rs 900/- than still most of the people in Mumbai atleast will stay with their MTNL or Airtel Plans, i think you should start with around Rs 700.& you know that if you kinda block Bitorrent blocks on some websites, you know which, than its gonna not prove good, what say?

Plus we have up to 1Gbit/s access within our network which isn't counted towards your data usage (if you are on a data plan).

what exactly does it mean? Is it kinda a LAN thing?? & what is the minimum pricing of the UL data plans??

BTW sorry for triple post 😛

Plus we have up to 1Gbit/s access within our network which isn't counted towards your data usage (if you are on a data plan).

what exactly does it mean? Is it kinda a LAN thing?? & what is the minimum pricing of the Unlimited data plans??

BTW sorry for triple post 😛

hmm great, btw what's the minimum price for UL data plan??

See Powered by Google Docs - Rs2757 including taxes for 5mbit/s (551 for connection, 2206 for the plan).

btw just had a doubt, what exactly does this mean "1Gbit/s access within our network which isn't counted towards your data usage" is it like LAN connection??

Fiber-Optic, and yeah, kinda but a little more secure than that thanks to our equipment (see https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/56543-hayai-broadband-hardware-details/4/#post391691)

It applies to anything inside our network, so if you download from one of our servers or send some file to a friend who is on our network, it'll go through rather fast. Doesn't matter if it's by HTTP, FTP, Torrent, DC++, Skype, MSN, Yahoo etc: so long as the connection between you and the other person is not relayed, it'll go through at the maximum possible speed the line will allow (so up to 1Gbit/s in some cases).

i have been using Airtel, and they are going to upgrade all their 512 & 256 kbps plans.

So its like we will get 512 KBPS Unlimited + 500 A-A calls & 150 mins Airtel Talktime at just Rs 749/- and also they provide free Airtel-Airtel landline calls every sunday etc etc & has excellent customer service.

I am not sure, but your speeds looks cool, but 2 main thing is Customer Service + Pricing. I think if you are gonna start pricing from Rs 900/- than still most of the people in Mumbai atleast will stay with their MTNL or Airtel Plans, i think you should start with around Rs 700.

We're India's Fastest Internet, not India's cheapest. Our prices actually start at Rs650 or so including taxes, but unfortunately that's only for a 6GB data plan. It does get better, though.

Because we don't do any 512kbit/s or 1mbit/s products, we don't have any flat-rate plans at below Rs1000, BUT if you compare something like our 50mbit/s flat-rate plans at Rs8272 (including taxes) to Airtel's 50mbit/s plans with 200GB limit at Rs8999 (9926 including taxes), or perhaps a more comparable product: our data plans at 100mbit/s with a 240GB limit for Rs4068 (including taxes), we start to look very attractive.

End of the day, if you only want 512kbit/s unlimited plans for Rs750, stay with Airtel or BSNL or MTNL or whoever. No one is forcing you to switch to us, but if you want properly good speeds, we're pretty much the only game in town.

Hayai is for those who understand and want the service: properly fast speed at fairly reasonable prices (everything else considered). We start at the level that everyone else tops out at.

& you know that if you kinda block Bitorrent blocks on some websites, you know which, than its gonna not prove good, what say?

We don't "kinda block bittorrent" at all, even if we have the right and ability to do so on flat-rate plans if it's ever needed, and if it were implemented, it would likely only be during peak hours (6pm to midnight-ish). Data plans would not be subject to this.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Whoa. Thread ordering way outta whack.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

his basic idea is that once there are plenty of hayai broadband users... you would be able to download popular torrents much faster because of the same reason. other people on hayai network would deliver data to your machine at much faster rates. saving you money and time.

Nailed it 🙂

i should avoid fixing the time when there is a conversation going on on the forum... my server guy himself is pretty freaked out that the server is not able to stay correct with the time 😕

See Powered by Google Docs - Rs2757 including taxes for 5mbit/s (551 for connection, 2206 for the plan).

Fiber-Optic, and yeah, kinda but a little more secure than that thanks to our equipment (see https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/56543-hayai-broadband-hardware-details/4/#post391691)

It applies to anything inside our network, so if you download from one of our servers or send some file to a friend who is on our network, it'll go through rather fast. Doesn't matter if it's by HTTP, FTP, Torrent, DC++, Skype, MSN, Yahoo etc: so long as the connection between you and the other person is not relayed, it'll go through at the maximum possible speed the line will allow (so up to 1Gbit/s in some cases).

o.o that seems good, even with the Rs 650 Data plan, its seems affordable, but hmmm just wanted to know, you guys might be at loss if eg :- i open a server with my uploads & uploading at such high speeds & ppl downloading at such high speeds ... so lot of bandwith is used, ik its free for us, but it might be costly for you guys.

if you can get your friends to get on hayai too, they would be able to access your server at near LAN speeds. 🙂 and international uploads are in fact likely to benefit him.

i should avoid fixing the time when there is a conversation going on on the forum... my server guy himself is pretty freaked out that the server is not able to stay correct with the time 😕

Run cron every 30 minutes to NTP time.nist.gov or something? Maybe you should speak to Ripunjay about migrating IBF.

o.o that seems good, even with the Rs 650 Data plan, its seems affordable, but hmmm just wanted to know, you guys might be at loss if eg :- i open a server with my uploads & uploading at such high speeds & ppl downloading at such high speeds ... so lot of bandwith is used, ik its free for us, but it might be costly for you guys.

We don't run at a loss unless people abuse the connection. It costs us exactly the same to deliver 1 Gigabyte at 1Mbit/s as it does 100mbit/s, that's why we don't limit the speed on data plans.

Running a server *theoretically* would be against the ToS (as it is for any home broadband connection), but if it's like a private games server or DC++ server for use by other Hayai customers or something along those lines, I have no issues with that.

if you can get your friends to get on hayai too, they would be able to access your server at near LAN speeds. 🙂

and international uploads are in fact likely to benefit him.

Strictly speaking, only NIXI uploads are beneficial in a "measurable sense".

Run cron every 30 minutes to NTP time.nist.gov or something? Maybe you should speak to Ripunjay about migrating IBF.

we tried doing that. but it resulted in time fluctuation randomly. at least currently it just goes ahead instead of jumping ahead and back.

the problems began after i moved from a dedicated to a virtualized server. the virtualized server seems to be having problems maintaining access to the system clock. i would chit chat with my server guy again to find a solution.

great, btw is this 1Gbit/s thing just a promotional offer and might be disconnected within a year???

haha. i doubt it costs him anything (local transfers) so i see no point blocking them. unless of course there are good reasons to do so. 😀

great, btw is this 1Gbit/s thing just a promotional offer and might be disconnected within a year???

Not a promotional offer - what would be the point in that?

The last-mile of the network runs at 1Gbit/s, so long as your ethernet card supports it. It's fiber, so there is almost no signal loss or fluxuation.

The customer equipment actually has 2 fiber inputs, so we could theoretically deliver 2Gbit/s to a single premises, and the ethernet ports in the customer equipment are all Gigabit, so if you have a Gigabit ethernet card, we expect most consumers should be able to hit about 600mbit/s (most consumer network cards only give this much throughput).

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

haha. i doubt it costs him anything (local transfers) so i see no point blocking them. unless of course there are good reasons to do so. 😀

It costs us a little, but of course we don't think anyone will use anywhere near enough local traffic to cause us concern: 1Gbit/s over 30 days would be about 320 Terabytes (320,000GB), so we'd need 300+ customers to utilize 1TB each before we even got close to worrying (by which time I expect we'd install a second cable to the area anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.