Hayai Broadband FAQs

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,631
  • Views Views 194,570
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey.....where are u currently providing ur service. You have said u would be available in delhi in mid. so when are u coming to Delhi......do u have any idea how many ppl must be waiting for good speeds. come fast 🙂

mumbai launch was supposed to be 1 jan 2010. that has not yet happened. i doubt it will happen in May. So may be June if we are lucky.

so delhi launch u can safely assume for 1 jan 2012

hey.....where are u currently providing ur service. You have said u would be available in delhi in mid. so when are u coming to Delhi......do u have any idea how many ppl must be waiting for good speeds. come fast 🙂

THE TIME LINE HAS NOT CHANGED. You should know that I am not the only person involved in Hayai, merely the driving force. There is a partner company and 9 internal employees as well.

i'm tired of bsnl & many other are as well in Bangalore - hopefully Hayai will come to Bangalore in mid 2010 as posted ealier

That was the reason we started working on this project a year ago.

yes, working real hard. twittering about how his Nokia battery drains too quickly while he is in the shower/jacuzzi sipping fine wines and what not...

The former yes, but shower? Jacuzzi? Fine wines? Wines from the Caucasus region are hardly what one would call fine 😀

mumbai launch was supposed to be 1 jan 2010. that has not yet happened. i doubt it will happen in May. So may be June if we are lucky.

so delhi launch u can safely assume for 1 jan 2012

See above.

If you live in "reasonably central" pune, you should get coverage. By that I mean, pune is kind of circular and not oddly shaped like mumbai is, so at the moment I can only hazard a guess that if you live within pune proper and not in the outskirts, you should be ok. Living near a railway station greatly increases your chances.I will post the Google maps URL in the FAQ to give you a better idea.

If you live in "reasonably central" pune, you should get coverage.

By that I mean, pune is kind of circular and not oddly shaped like mumbai is, so at the moment I can only hazard a guess that if you live within pune proper and not in the outskirts, you should be ok.

Living near a railway station greatly increases your chances.

I will post the Google maps URL in the FAQ to give you a better idea.

Thanks for the update. I'm in Panchavati, which is off the Pashan Road, about 3 Km from the University main gate, and 1.5 from the National Chemical Laboratory if that helps. Nearest railway stations are Shivaji Nagar, Pune (main), and Khadki which are between 6 and 10 Km away (driving distance not as the crow fies). Please please please offer service here...pretty please? 🙂

Thanks for the update. I'm in Panchavati, which is off the Pashan Road, about 3 Km from the University main gate, and 1.5 from the National Chemical Laboratory if that helps. Nearest railway stations are Shivaji Nagar, Pune (main), and Khadki which are between 6 and 10 Km away (driving distance not as the crow fies). Please please please offer service here...pretty please? 🙂

I think you are in quite central Pune, if Google maps is to be believed.

Here is a fairly rough guide to our intended service area for Pune. Hayai Broadband Coverage Area - Google Maps

Please note that it's not yet refined around the edges.

Can you provide me a connection at this point in Navi Mumbai (Google link below)

Google Maps

Sanjeev 9322210577

Not yet. We would need to do a feasibility study.

Not yet. We would need to do a feasibility study.

when do you do the feasibility

what r ur contact numbers email address

my email is crl at vsnl.com

will website be ever open?? Under maintenance forever??

The online-ordering facility is ready, now just the ever vital support area needs to be done, but under maintenance until such time as I'm back in India and some paperwork is signed, yes.

What kind of IP addresses will we (end-users) get? Internal (10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x or similar) or an external IP? This is not a biggie or deal-breaker, I'm just curious.You'd mentioned something about an Akamai edge server on the Hayai network. What progress have you made on this front, and are you looking to mirror any other popular CDN services?

What kind of IP addresses will we (end-users) get? Internal (10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x or similar) or an external IP? This is not a biggie or deal-breaker, I'm just curious.

Internal IPs for each WAN method with 1 external IP (dynamic on most plans) for each WAN method; in other words 1 external IP for the Wired Ethernet, 1 each for the IPTV and VOIP (when those services start) and WiFi should be bridged so I think the external IP would be assigned directly to each connected computer (since it authenticates differently).

You'd mentioned something about an Akamai edge server on the Hayai network. What progress have you made on this front, and are you looking to mirror any other popular CDN services?

Sourceforge and Microsoft specifically at the moment. We already are in partnership with HNS, so Ubuntu, CentOS, Mozilla and Videolan etc are already there. Others surely will come up as we grow.

hmm great, btw what's the minimum price for UL data plan?? btw just had a doubt, what exactly does this mean "1Gbit/s access within our network which isn't counted towards your data usage" is it like LAN connection??

btw just had a doubt, what exactly does this mean "1Gbit/s access within our network which isn't counted towards your data usage" is it like LAN connection??

essentially. if you and your friend are both on hayai (anywhere in india).

the data transfer between your machines would not be counted in data usage.

and there would be no artificial limits on data transfered between your machines. either directly or through torrents.

his basic idea is that once there are plenty of hayai broadband users... you would be able to download popular torrents much faster because of the same reason. other people on hayai network would deliver data to your machine at much faster rates. saving you money and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.