Hayai Broadband Connections

• Thread starter Thread starter sshopk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 17,403
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MgC .. All the best to you.. I really want ISP that give fierce competition to MTNL/AirTel. Come to Delhi NCR & rock it over.. Target Noida/Gurgaon/South Delhi specially.. I want to see you rock n roll in coming days.. I really appreciate your time & efforts!

That's the plan.

Just few suggestions:
1) Make the call centre number TOLL FREE. Divide customer care & Technical deptt. separately

This was the plan anyway.

2) Divide plans by unlimited only as hardly in India people use limited plans unless there is no option!

Maybe, but "unlimited" plans have the potential to be very bad for business.

Like 1Mbps for 700/- (inc tax) P.M.
2 Mbps for 1000/- (inc tax) "
5 Mbps for 1500/- (inc tax) "
10 Mbps for 2000/- (inc tax) "
20 Mbps for 3000/- (inc tax) "
50 Mbps for 5000/- (inc tax) "
100 Mbps for 7000/- (inc tax) "
* Prices are just for references * NO hidden charges * NO Fair Usage Policy * NO T&C apply

I am aware of what the customer wants - I'm a customer too. But I can tell you for certain that as of now only the 20, 50 and 100mbit/s at that price would even be feasible.

First of all, we don't do 1 and 2mbit/s because with the technology and all new network that's being built, just the new cables and equipment alone is costing about Rs500 per customer per month and having the prices as low as they'd need to be would just be bad news economically speaking. Unlike MTNL, we don't have a pre-existing government subsidized network to work from, although that'd be nice.

Secondly, Fair Usage Policies are in place pretty much everywhere. In Japan the limits are ridiculously huge (30GB per day), but they're still there. Our Fair usage policy is such that we say "download as much as you like, but if you are ruining the experience for other customers, we may have to throttle you".

We don't have any definite limits as far as "X GB per month" on our flat-rate plans but I do have an approximate figure in mind for each plan whereby if all customers on that plan are to exceed that amount, we would become unprofitable and this is not good either for us or for customers.

Thirdly, T&C *have* to apply. First of all there is the legal aspect - I'm not willing to end up in an Indian jail any time soon and secondly, we have every right to prevent network abuse. We're paying hundreds of crores for the thing, after all.

Considering the aforementioned brand-spanking-new network, if everyone were to download at least this much per month, the levels at which we'd become unprofitable are:

1Mbps for 700/- (inc tax) P.M. about 13GB
2 Mbps for 1000/- (inc tax) " about 33GB
5 Mbps for 1500/- (inc tax) " about 67GB
10 Mbps for 2000/- (inc tax) " about 100GB
20 Mbps for 3000/- (inc tax) " about 166GB
50 Mbps for 5000/- (inc tax) " about 300GB
100 Mbps for 7000/- (inc tax) " about 433GB

As you'll notice these are fairly-much in line with the prices of our 100Mbit/s data packages, and we do have the Hayai Zone, after all: when we have 10,000 customers in the city, it should be so that many torrents and such should have already been downloaded by *someone* on our service, and in that capacity it becomes harder and harder to use so much international bandwidth.

3) Advertise to the maximum level, hoardings ,posters,pamphlets,banners.. each n every manner.. I want that people,even though they satisfied with their present ISP are forced to join Hayai.

Planning on it, but at the same time we don't want to grow so quickly that the service becomes slow and we start getting dissatisfied customers. Recently if some posts in this forum are anything to go by, Beam Telecom is facing such issues at the moment.

-----I want HAYAI should hit DELHI NCR completely by the end of 2010 & bombard Airtel/MTNL---

Any inputs will be highly appreciated !

Like I said, we will do what is economically feasible. As of now the prices you've mentioned are not quite achievable yet, although I anticipate that as we buy more bandwidth and our prices come down, we will certainly reduce the price to the end user.

My eventual goal is that one day soon I would like to see 100mbit/s flat-rate at Rs3000 or so - then we could completely do away with data plans and all the other restrictions that Indian internet currently faces.

@MgC & @admin-- I apologize for 4+ postings.. Didn't intend to,just want to convey the message to you! But my main aim is that you should rock the market quickly. "A stitch in time saves nine" before MTNL/AirTel/Other ISP's pull up their socks...

@MgC & @admin-- I apologize for 4+ postings.. Didn't intend to,just want to convey the message to you!
But my main aim is that you should rock the market quickly. "A stitch in time saves nine" before MTNL/AirTel/Other ISP's pull up their socks...

"Quickly" is unfortunately not a word that can be used when doing business in India. I'm finding that out the hard way.

IMHO I think India shoots itself in the foot, as it seems to be just introducing even more bureaucracy.

"Quickly" is unfortunately not a word that can be used when doing business in India. I'm finding that out the hard way.

IMHO I think India shoots itself in the foot, as it seems to be just introducing even more bureaucracy.

I don't mean to be obtuse, but then you have not done your SWOT or environmental analysis when you got down to do business in India.

Second, does the Indian bureaucracy have anything to do with even having a simple working website up and running?!

I see while Hayai mulls over the CPE, wiring, tariffs, legislation etc. etc. over and over, the tariffs of the different providers keep getting revised downward time and again.

Peace.

I don't mean to be obtuse, but then you have not done your SWOT or environmental analysis when you got down to do business in India.

I knew it was going to be slow, but not *this* slow. And FYI, the speed of business in India has been one of the points in our SWOT since the first iteration of our business plan from over a year ago. It's also mentioned in our VC presentations and... well put simply I'd say we're very aware of it as an issue and perhaps even barrier to entry.

Second, does the Indian bureaucracy have anything to do with even having a simple working website up and running?!

A simple website is up and running. Prices are available. But there is no point in having the website running in its full capacity until the service is able to be provided, otherwise someone *might* try to subscribe, *might* not get the service within 1 week of that and *might* bitch about us fraudulently taking their money. Not a risk worth taking, as far as I'm concerned.

I see while Hayai mulls over the CPE, wiring, tariffs, legislation etc. etc. over and over, the tariffs of the different providers keep getting revised downward time and again.

Mull isn't the word I'd use. Which part of "everything is sorted now except the CPEs being on Indian soil" don't you understand?

You wanna try importing 5+Cr worth of telecom equipment as a new licensee and a foreigner? Geez, I get eyed over enough by my local fruit vendor, can you imagine what happens when I'm dealing with government officials?

And we also just revised our prices at the beginning of May, so we're not just doing nothing.

I would actually say that I'm somewhat pleased that other players will soon offer some credible competition. It proves I was right with this idea all along.

"Yes. Mostly technical staff. Please apply if you think you have the technical aptitude. There are about 10 positions open from junior to senior (not age, but ability)."@MgC Hey if you have less staff(technical),let me know.. Worked for Netgear/Cisco etc,so if you need people in Delhi NCR PM me.No need of searching through job portals/Ascent/monster.com/naukri.com for this ! Me and my colleagues are there to fulfill your requirements. I really don't want you to stop for any reason @ any point of time.

"Yes. Mostly technical staff. Please apply if you think you have the technical aptitude. There are about 10 positions open from junior to senior (not age, but ability)."

@MgC Hey if you have less staff(technical),let me know.. Worked for Netgear/Cisco etc,so if you need people in Delhi NCR PM me.No need of searching through job portals/Ascent/monster.com/naukri.com for this ! Me and my colleagues are there to fulfill your requirements. I really don't want you to stop for any reason @ any point of time.

I'd probably like to take some Interviews when I'm in Delhi next.

@ mgcarley , saw the post on torrentfreak.

😉

I'd probably like to take some Interviews when I'm in Delhi next.

How about Bangalore?. Iam ready...

How about Bangalore?. Iam ready...

I'll probably do a whirlwind tour of all the major centres when I'm there so count Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore and Pune in too - at the very least.

Although at this point your plans are much better than most, if not all other ISP's, i fear that if your launch gets delayed by a few months the competition may surpass youwith regards to VFM/High-speed plans. That would be a real downer. Because as a new ISP you can entice first customers with better than competition plans and then go on to provide better customer care, thereby securing a longtime contract and their trust. But if the aforementioned takes places, getting customers to switch will become an uphill task. You may have noticed how loyal some customers are to their ISP's even though they are fleecing them.

Although at this point your plans are much better than most, if not all other ISP's, i fear that if your launch gets delayed by a few months the competition may surpass youwith regards to VFM/High-speed plans. That would be a real downer.

Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it. Even if they do, a bit of worthy competition is healthy. It'd be about time that India got some high-speed plans at decent prices.

Because as a new ISP you can entice first customers with better than competition plans and then go on to provide better customer care, thereby securing a longtime contract and their trust. But if the aforementioned takes places, getting customers to switch will become an uphill task. You may have noticed how loyal some customers are to their ISP's even though they are fleecing them.

Yeah I've noticed. We continually revise our prices even now. I'd expect to update them again in September or so - who knows, I might just get that 50+% discount on the wholesale level that I've been wanting so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.