Have to upgrade Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 8

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 6,119
bsnl has stopped working... and the upload showed 22 hours when it stopped working

ah well. that makes me sad. leave it then. i guess Dropbox does not have the exact same file on their servers. :\

maybe abhishek can try uploading on his machine and see if that version uploads instantly?

MD5: 679396a9abf213495601be078938d9a1

googling 679396a9abf213495601be078938d9a1 does not show any results in google. which is very very weird.

unless it uploads instantly which it usually does for common files... there is no point. so give it a try. if it show upload time in hours, leave it. 🙂

restarted pc & bsnl is working again... cheksum of iso, right? This is it - d8f2abe6b645d49bd6001034046f2069

I'm sorry what do you mean by the common file? I had backed up the ISO from the Upgrade Assistant and since then it has been residing on my hard disk. I had not shared it anywhere. I wonder what you mean by shared files.

I'm pretty much sure that it will take hours to upload it.

Just tried to upload on Dropbox and it says that the limit is 300mb.

restarted pc & bsnl is working again...

cheksum of iso, right? This is it - d8f2abe6b645d49bd6001034046f2069
Which software did you use to check the checksum? The one that Sushubh provided?

restarted pc & bsnl is working again...

cheksum of iso, right? This is it - d8f2abe6b645d49bd6001034046f2069

wow. even this number seems to be unique on the internet. what is going on! 😱

is microsoft creating a unique iso file for each upgrade? :\

Thats not the point. Using that he can get download links, thats what I was saying...

I'm sorry what do you mean by the common file? I had backed up the ISO from the Upgrade Assistant and since then it has been residing on my hard disk. I had not shared it anywhere. I wonder what you mean by shared files.

I'm pretty much sure that it will take hours to upload it.

Just tried to upload on Dropbox and it says that the limit is 300mb.

dropbox use deduplication. which means that files already uploaded by their users are not duplicated on their servers. they keep a single copy (or multiple copies for backup sake). and if a new user uploads the same file, it is not uploaded from the user's machine. instead they just make available their own copy in user's account. this saves the user a lot of time that would be wasted in uploading that file. it save dropbox shit load of storage space as majority of content on user machines is common across a lot of people. if you think about it, very little content on your machine would be unique to you. like personal photos, videos and documents. rest is something that is probably downloaded from the web and hence exist on computers of millions of other users.

about the file size limit... you are uploading through the website 😱 i was talking about uploading through their desktop app.

Where I find the correct SHA1 checksum for the Windows 8 Pro Upgrade - Microsoft Community

This does return search results...

great. this is getting scary. i guess i would just use the software upgrade assistant and let it do the download. no use messing around with copies that might not work on that machine. thanks everyone. and sorry for wasting your time 😀

Alright, I'm downloading Dropbox for Windows 8 now.

dropbox for windows 8 is a useless app right now 🙂 it does not upload anything. just shows the content already on your dropbox account.

leave it. i would do it the hard way. there are no guarantees that the iso i download would work on that machine. no point in wasting any more time. 🙂