Have to upgrade Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 8

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 6,115
Managed to get it done finally. Airtel took around 3 hours to download the file on this machine. Install was fast. I guess because it removed all the third party apps. Thankfully data was not removed. I had taken a backup just in case. In the end… Uncle was terribly confused with the metro UI. But he was not annoyed. But more like excited considering he loves to learn new things. It was hard explaining to him what apps means. He still does not understand the concept of files and folders and web sites and hard disks. He download photos on his computer and then copy them to pen drives for example. Gave him some basic instructions. And told him to use it for a few days and note down all doubts and confusions. Would visit him during the weekend and try to clear all those doubts. I still cannot believe how hard Microsoft has made it to shut down the computer. They could have added options on the metro UI itself. The gesture to bring the right column is pretty annoying on a desktop without a touch display. Anyways. I am just pleased that it worked out all well.

Good that your uncle liked it. Shut down option is very tired one. I hope to get some shortcut to it.

one of the many things i can never understand is that he has two gmail accounts. and he logs out every time from it. even though he is the only person using that laptop. and sometimes he opens it in IE. other times in Chrome. 😀 windows 8 apps of course keep him logged in. i am sure this is not going to amuse him. i would have to explain to him the whole concept of one password (windows 8 login) which saves him the headache of logging in manually just to check his mail and so on. i basically want him to start using the metro UI for everything. and stay on it. it is better for him as the text is big and it is very hard to get malware on the machine through windows 8 apps. :\

Still your uncle understand quite few things. My dad one day told me to scan a document on computer ( I do not have a scanner). And he wasn't ready to understand this 😀

Q.1. How do I change the Microsoft account password?

Q.2. Can I have a different passwords for Internet Explorer and Microsoft account?
and for Google chrome.

these are his latest questions sent to me by email. I guess I have been unsuccessful in explaining to him that Chrome and Internet Explorer are just tools to access his email accounts. 😀