Have online renewals been discontinued?!

• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,227

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
My Sify account expired just now. I opened the Sify official client and clicked on the Renew button. But no matter how hard I looked I couldn't find the "Renew Online" link that used to be there!!!

They have listed 3 options now,

a) Renew through your CTO, which I won't because the totally useless and worthless CTO here takes the money and then doesn't renew the account for half a month.

B) Renew by filling up some form the link to whcih was missing, or call customer care/ email customer care. Why should I bother ?! Customer Care doesn't do anything, sits on whatever we say!

c) If you have a Temp ID / Password click here (link given). This is for when you buy a new ID and of no use to me.

The shocking part is they have removed the "Renew Online" link from their client! And when I opened a browser and manually went to their online renewal site I saw this message - Attention Sify Broadband customers: All Broadband Online Renewals will be now available through your Sify Broadband Client ONLY. You can renew online using your credit card by clicking the 'Renew' option on the Client, post-login.

Please note that all Sify Broadband renewal packs will be removed from Sify Mall for renewal from April 11th,2005. [/b]
-- from http://sify.com/shopping/category.php?pid=13169174

So how the hell are we supposed to renew online now? Or has this facility been removed too with Sify lieing and not stating it clearly?! What a completely frustrating and liar company!

Has anyone renewed their account using a credit card after April 11 and if so could they tell me how did they go about doing it?

Thanks.

The online renewals work only when u r logged into ur account and NOT when u r not logged in. I presume u r trying to renew ur account in the offline mode.Once u have logged into account only then u can renew ur account and pay in vich ever manner u choose either thru CTO or thru credit card.btw they have also sent a mail regarding this..so juz chek ur sify mail inbox for details

Thanks for replying.But my account has expired already and it won't let me login saying "Invalid quota/Account expired" message. It brings me back to the login screen when I click OK on getting that message or takes me to a page listing Customer Care numbers when I click on the button labeled "Customer Care".So I guess Sify didn't foresee this eventuality and thought that people would only try to renew their account before it expired. Hence they didn't program things to this effect :angry: I'll have to call the Customer Care now I guess and tell them about this. What dorks.Thanks for helping me out 🙂

Well i wud suggest u call up the customer care and tell them u want to renew online... and ask them to top up ur account..they will top up ur account for few hours may 1 or 2 hrs, so u can login after that and renew ur account online.