• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 15,771

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
My Nexus 4 is scheduled to arrive here in two to three days. I've decided to put a screenguard on the front as well as back as both sides are made of glass. The only product that I was able to find which is available here is Gadgetshieldz full body protection, which is quite similar to Zagg and Xtremeguard.

Have anybody here used this before? If yes, how is it.

Google LG Nexus 4 E960 FULL BODY Screen Protector Scratch Guard | eBay

I'm getting this for Rs.299 (after applying Rs.100 discount coupon).

Friend is also sending this Bumper for Nexus 4 alongwith the device.

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Borderline-Black-Gray-Warranty/dp/B00AG0D52O

screenguard might not save your screen from breakage in case of a nasty fall. make sure you get a good quality case/cover for it.

Will post a review once I put this on my phone. Hope I won't screw it up. I've not collected the phone yet.

those tiny side parts are the trickiest.

and they would not survive a case for long time. i had then on the nexus one. they came off after a few weeks. you can totally ignore them because they are just nuisance. considering you are going to use a case... just focus on the front and possibly back side.if you did not get the liquid bottle. make your own with baby shampoo as manu (?) mentioned previously. installation has to be wet otherwise you would just mess up. watch a lot of videos. moist your hands with the same liquid properly. do not spray on the phone itself. spray the sticky side properly. it would allow you to slide it across the face of the device easily so that you can align it properly. the most annoying part is the fingers would leave prints on the sides if they are not moist enough.have enough liquid in a katori handy to dip your fingers in.also... make sure that there is no fiber or dust particle on the phone before installation. it would not become clear on a fresh installation. but would become a nightmare after it dries up. coz it would be visible on light color backgrounds.

No liquid bottle supplied. I wasn't expecting one too, for the price I got this for (Rs.399 - Rs100 coupon=Rs.299).Yeah, have watched a couple of videos already. In one video, they used dish wash liquid 😱

well. you just need soapy water. just make sure it is very very diluted. shampoo is better because it does not have solid particles. one or two drops of shampoo should be fine. baby shampoo preferred.dish wash liquid should work too. it's soap in the end. and no solid particles.

i imagine this one is the hard plastic one which uses dry implementation? do not like these.

Ok. I got the device today and installed Gadgetshieldz screen protector carefully. It seems to be successful, but there are some bumps/lumps on several parts of the screen and the back panel too. Tried a lot to remove them, but all in vain. It has ruined the look of this device. They say it would be fine after say 24 hours. Any comments on this?