• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 8,965

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
I'm not a customer of hathway neither have I been one. But here's hathway's new packages. Check it out. There's one plan that caught my eye. The liteway 8 to 8 plan, Rs. 400, 256 kbps, and unlimited download limit. Interesting. What do you guys think about it.

I've been a hathway user.Reason I shifted is because of being a download-addict and it was dearly expensive with hathway's 2 rupees per MB billing. Other than that, all else was quite wonderful, with good speeds, always-on, no connection drops, etc.Better check if that "400" is missing a zero. Knowing hathway, they can't be THAT generous. Now let them put out a round-the-clock connection (256 kbps) for anything below Rs.1k and I'll take it. (unlimited time/download required 😉)

hi ryan,thank for bringing this 8-8 plan to attention... the first hint i got of this was from zdnetindia, which (mindlessly?) reprinted the following:"Hathway launches high-speed NetHT Corporate Bureau,February 08, 2005 Hathway Cable Internet has introduced new broadband packages- providing high speed Internet.The new packages will give a superior broadband experience where the user will be able to access various download limits and its applications."---notice this priceless nugget in the last line... "superior broadband experience"... what's (deliberately?) confusing is "access various download limits" ... hmm...knowing - actually, having used - hathway, there's never much to expect. prathapml, i don't know what plan you were on, while using hathway, but even if one didn't download anything, and just plain surfs, their inane 300mb/month used to run out in a flash... the only way to stay within that limit was to turn off all graphics/animations, and not download anything... :-( a perfect example of the twisted variety of broadband in india. worse, the killer rs.2/mb charge for crossing 300mb... oooof.

That's also the difference between mindless reporters, and sushubh. 🙂@testsubjectalphaIndeed! I was on the 300 MB/month, then moved to 1 gig per month - nothing ever was sufficient. It would cross that limit in a flash! Hathway really made me see the beauty of opera in managing my down-stream traffic! (in the sense that I would spend a lot of time in tweaking opera to not load images/animations, reload dynamic pages undynamically, etc.)Damn, I had to think twice before downloading my antivirus updates - rationing it to twice a month. :'(

now i need some actual user to send me a writeup on how hotwire is and what their new packages are like 🙂

So hathway isn't worth it I guess. Hey sushubh, I'm on hotwire now so if you want me to do a write up, i guess I can. I've been with this service for like a year in total so I like the experience of it.

Haha. ok when I have time, I will tell you my experience. Am I going to be in your blog or something, just curious.

Originally posted by Ryan@Feb 9 2005, 03:27 AM
I'm not a customer of hathway neither have I been one. But here's hathway's new packages. Check it out. There's one plan that caught my eye. The liteway 8 to 8 plan, Rs. 400, 256 kbps, and unlimited download limit. Interesting. What do you guys think about it.
[snapback]5686[/snapback]
[/quote]

The 8 to 8 plan seems to have somehow mysteriously disappeared in the past few days. 🙄

Haha you're right. They probably decided to remove it because people would download like crazy.

maybe they @n@1ysed their server logs, saw a lot of hits from the link ryan posted, noticed (with horror?) the rubbing of hands and the drooling tongues, and wacked the plan before too many signed up...

good ol' hathway... unki dum jo tedhi thi woh tedhi hei rahegi, seedhi kabhi nahin ho sakti.

Originally posted by Ryan@Feb 12 2005, 04:01 AM
Haha you're right. They probably decided to remove it because people would download like crazy.
[snapback]5850[/snapback]
[/quote]