• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 13,842

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Hey guys, as soon as my sify connection expires, I'm getting hathway. I asked the CTO and hathway themselves for this freeway plan which is 256kbps unlimited, they said they don't have it 🙁. What should I tell them, I would really really want it. Anyway you guys could put in a word for me.

Did you contact the Hathway Customer Care on phone? I've heard they have it in some places and in some places they dont! If not, Isnt airtel present there? I don think any other plan on Hathway is really good!

They have 128 unlimited, that's at 900 though. I'll call up customer care again and see. Let's hope. Airtel isn't here yet. I guess that's why they are not offering this 256kbps unlimited plan.

Airtel aint present in my area but they are offering 256kbps ul riught from April! You can just hope for a while that they have it around there

Maybe in bangalore they are offering that, I'm not sure about delhi. Maybe in bangalore there is more competition.

When getting a hathway connection, does it come from the CTO or can you opt from getting it directly from hathway. My CTO is really like a messed up guys so I don't know. Let's see. Pawan, you got it direct or from a cto?

A Sales Guy from Hathway Contacted me directly! All Money matters are handled by Hathway Themselves! So no problems as in Exattnet, SIfy, etc! The only Problem comes is about installing the Cable until your house, thats done by the Cable Operator! This part sucks!

So that means, you get the cable modem and connection from the cable operator as well but you actually pay direct to hathway?

Everything with Hathway except the cable! Even the cable modem comes from Hathway! Just the cable operator lays the cable! Got it?

hathway is slowly progressing...i guess by jan-feb they will show this plan...or even further since competition is getting high...and wimax has made its marks in south...installation goin on

Wimax is gonna be introduced first in Bangalore in a few months! 😀 BSNL is already on its first tower!

yup 70mbps via wireless......also airtel has started shifting 256kbps 999buks ppl to 512 kbps...fearing that......i m waiting for next month so that mtnl comes up with a plan in mumbai and hathway either reduce the charge or even further upgrade me........

Well once one ISP introduces a very nice plan, other ISPs take note and follow up. Increasing competition thus far. So what Airtel did was nice. 256kbps was real good. Hathway is there, and I believe mtnl will catch up on that. I'm talking about the ISPs in delhi as of right now. As for sify, I don't believe they will ever catch up and I hope they don't. I want them to simply just go away. 😛

Like disappear in thin air? 😀 Or probably their wires roll up back to their servers and data centres.. Ha ha!

is their 64 kbps unlimited (Rs. 500/-) plan any good? Do they block ports or try to disconnect? I am considering shifting to hathway; pacenet has started blocking bittorrent and limewire since the past few days.