Hathway Sucks

ISP
BSNL
Yesterday, I took Hathway connection 256 kbps quarterly plan with 1.2 GB Limit... in chennaiThe average speed I got was 16kbps and some times it goes upto 40kbps...I felt dial-up is more faster than Hathway...Also, with this speed, the download which I made was shown as 40MB in their site. They are real cheaters and I suggest you to keep away from HATHWAY...SAY NO TO HATHWAY... LET THEM FIND THEIR WAY OUT OF THIS BUSINESS...

Hathway seems to believe that 70 percent of the promised speed is good enough. I had a hard time with them. The worst thing with them is that they block incoming ports which is not good for someone using torrents.

Hi I am in Karna****. The service is as worst as you face in chennai.Even worse no body picks up the call centre number which is supposed to be monitored 24 x 7.My woes are much bigger than yours 🙁

hahaha i dunno wat to tell.. i used that SICK ISP for 2 months and only thing that went high is my mobile bill.. lol freakin ppl a little rain thats it connection gone.. it will take full day to come back.. yet no discounts on usage.. no words to scold! speed is bad.. engineer comes.. checks n says "UR GETTING 20-24kbps" thats wat we call broadband.. (GOVT says less than 256 is not broadband) finally i cut the line and opt BSNL.. it rocks.. constant speed of 28-32 n goes upto 40-48 sometimes! been using for 3 months with only one downtime of 3 hours for server maintaince..

I used to have 256kbps quarterly (3GB limit) plans for about 4 times now. Now have a 64kbps unlimited, in Kothrud,Pune.
After using it for more than a year now, I can say with certainty : Hathway sucks. A lot. Since the past few days, it stops working from about 4pm to about 11am the next day. I am tired of dialing their "helpline" now. Pathetic morons. 😡
I called Hathway up (again) today morning and threatened to drag them to consumer court. Even when I asked them to connect me to/give me the cell number of someone higher up in their heirarchy, I was flatly told they cannot do that. After some more threatening, they told me his name. So I called them up again and asked the switchboard (?) lady to connect me to him. He told me that not a single complaint of mine has been registered in all my previous phone calls!
Even after all that threatening and civilised cursing, all they could say was "We will send someone over." . I am using a super-slow BSNL dialup to make this post. :sigh:

PS : I had made a similar post in this forum : Team-Bhp. :redface:

wel i know how it is.. they never give the numbers.. i dont know how they can run the company like this.. mayb if someone has links in NDTV or some top news channel pls make note of this and tell them to expose all this! mayb then they will start working!

n god i thought tht i was the only one around in this @%$#ing world who thinks the HATHWAY SUCKS ..... those ppl are conning ppl to make money outta it .... i havent got a download speed higher then 10 kbps on torrents .... ever in my life .... since i have started using hathway ..... n as for the surfing speed .... its alrite... bt they need to improve tht too ..... coz MTNL is providing a speed of 2 MBps .... which is waaaayyyy ..... better then mY connection - HATHWAY .... well for ppl who have just toke hathway .... i pitty you ..... n those who havent ...... i'd rather say ..... STAY AWAY ...... you dont wanna lose ur temper looking at the PC SCREEN wondering when the page is gonna load ..... 😛 .... ciao

They are pretty unreliable, but they do provide some nice packages for someone on a tight budget (like me :redface🙂. For eg, on their 250 bucks a month plan, they count only the downloads, and not the total data transfer like many others. (You can seed torrents all day long!). As I use Hathway cable TV also, they came and did the wiring the afternoon I paid them the first time around, and the connection was active the next morning. That said, I am not going to renew my connection henceforth. Switching over to Tata Indicom. Or will stick to good ol' BSNL dialup for a few months. 😗

I have 256 kbps connection in Delhi from Hathway and I am getting 110kbps speed only. Real cheats. I feel very let down. Luckily I was able to find the site for checking speed and I find McAfee very good. Now I dont know who to get a connection from!!!

It's about time the government comes up with a quality of service regulations to stop these kind of practices. It's common knowledge that these small isps get the bandwidth from companies like airtel,reliance,vsnl etc and that bandwidth is shared among a large number of users by compromising on the speeds to get more money. That is why i said earlier that the government is right by introducing a license fee so that it will discourage such isps from starting operations. Once isps like airtel,mtnl,bsnl,reliance start offering unlimited packages at decent prices then no sensible user will go for these small isps.

Hathway provides the worst internet service in Ameerpet area. I've taken a connection from them this month and the sales guy had promised connection by the evening but it was five days before the connection was made.The worst thing about their service is the call center. The people at the call center (especially those who give their names as Rakesh and Rekha) do not log a complaint at all and give a non-existent complaint number to us. Next time you refer that number the executives say it does not exist and imply we are lying to them. The guy who said he was Rakesh even denied talking to me.Right now I am facing a problem with browsing the site Wikipedia and its been 13 days since I gave my first complaint. Calling a call center does not fetch any results at all. And if you email their help desk there will be an immediate response from the heedless technical department who make the call just to close the complaint that is automatically logged by your email.I've emailed five times so far and each time their response is the same - A guy from technical department calls and pretends he is listening out our problem for the first time and then he says he will get back to us within sometime. They never call back. For the next email, a new guy from the tech department calls.Call center is even worse like I said before. And further they have only one number to give us and most of the time that number is engaged.Those who felt this information is useful, please let me email of more forums where I can post this matter. I do not want more people to be cheated by these guys.

I took Haathway set top box two years ago. It worked well until six months ago. It started giving me trouble and I called the cable operator who took it to Haathway service centre. I was told that it would cost Rs. 350/- for repair and i asked him to return it to me so that I can personally coordinate the repair. I called up their local office and then called their service centre. I explained the issue (Inserted card not a viewing card(2)). The person who took the call told me that it would be repaired free of cost and asked me to bring it to the service centre at Hyderguda, Hyderabad. I took it and I was demanded Rs600/- to repair it. To replace the card - should it cost Rs 600/- more than 50% of the cost of a new box (Rs. 1100/-)? The local head office is not even listening to the complaint. Yeah - Haathway sucks big timeMurali

Dude, Murali, either you're blind or you're an idiot :huh: This is the Hathway 'BROADBAND' section of the forum, and not Cable. Post your issues in the 'CABLE' section. It's just below the Broadband section. And please, for the love of god, it's spelt HATHWAY not H'aa'thway.

Dude you look like the employee of Hathway or their agent. The main point of my post is that Hathway sucks and it sucks badly. How could you not notice that? Is it because of your loyalty to Hathway?Calling people names doesn;t help your company - improving the service and being fair helps. Tell your bosses that - OK? If you think that this kind of abusive language deters customers, you have a surprise.I had the courage to include my name - and sadly for all that bluster, you do not have. You can criticize me by all means - but use respectable language - you do not have to say that I am blind or an idiot. That shows your culture and upbringing. Very sad.