Hathway Sucks

nandhusaravanan

[OP]
Oct 31, 2006
Yesterday, I took Hathway connection 256 kbps quarterly plan with 1.2 GB Limit... in chennaiThe average speed I got was 16kbps and some times it goes upto 40kbps...I felt dial-up is more faster than Hathway...Also, with this speed, the download which I made was shown as 40MB in their site. They are real cheaters and I suggest you to keep away from HATHWAY...SAY NO TO HATHWAY... LET THEM FIND THEIR WAY OUT OF THIS BUSINESS...

wR2g4vdTjL5d

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 23, 2006
Hathway seems to believe that 70 percent of the promised speed is good enough. I had a hard time with them. The worst thing with them is that they block incoming ports which is not good for someone using torrents.

pblurp

Dec 27, 2006
Hi I am in Karna****. The service is as worst as you face in chennai.Even worse no body picks up the call centre number which is supposed to be monitored 24 x 7.My woes are much bigger than yours :(

Apr 18, 2007
hahaha i dunno wat to tell.. i used that SICK ISP for 2 months and only thing that went high is my mobile bill.. lol freakin ppl a little rain thats it connection gone.. it will take full day to come back.. yet no discounts on usage.. no words to scold! speed is bad.. engineer comes.. checks n says "UR GETTING 20-24kbps" thats wat we call broadband.. (GOVT says less than 256 is not broadband) finally i cut the line and opt BSNL.. it rocks.. constant speed of 28-32 n goes upto 40-48 sometimes! been using for 3 months with only one downtime of 3 hours for server maintaince..

sajo

Apr 19, 2007
I used to have 256kbps quarterly (3GB limit) plans for about 4 times now. Now have a 64kbps unlimited, in Kothrud,Pune.
After using it for more than a year now, I can say with certainty : Hathway sucks. A lot. Since the past few days, it stops working from about 4pm to about 11am the next day. I am tired of dialing their "helpline" now. Pathetic morons. :mad:
I called Hathway up (again) today morning and threatened to drag them to consumer court. Even when I asked them to connect me to/give me the cell number of someone higher up in their heirarchy, I was flatly told they cannot do that. After some more threatening, they told me his name. So I called them up again and asked the switchboard (?) lady to connect me to him. He told me that not a single complaint of mine has been registered in all my previous phone calls!
Even after all that threatening and civilised cursing, all they could say was "We will send someone over." . I am using a super-slow BSNL dialup to make this post. :sigh:

PS : I had made a similar post in this forum : Team-Bhp. :redface:

Apr 18, 2007
wel i know how it is.. they never give the numbers.. i dont know how they can run the company like this.. mayb if someone has links in NDTV or some top news channel pls make note of this and tell them to expose all this! mayb then they will start working!

Apr 29, 2007
n god i thought tht i was the only one around in this @%$#ing world who thinks the HATHWAY SUCKS ..... those ppl are conning ppl to make money outta it .... i havent got a download speed higher then 10 kbps on torrents .... ever in my life .... since i have started using hathway ..... n as for the surfing speed .... its alrite... bt they need to improve tht too ..... coz MTNL is providing a speed of 2 MBps .... which is waaaayyyy ..... better then mY connection - HATHWAY .... well for ppl who have just toke hathway .... i pitty you ..... n those who havent ...... i'd rather say ..... STAY AWAY ...... you dont wanna lose ur temper looking at the PC SCREEN wondering when the page is gonna load ..... :p .... ciao

sajo

Apr 19, 2007
They are pretty unreliable, but they do provide some nice packages for someone on a tight budget (like me :redface:). For eg, on their 250 bucks a month plan, they count only the downloads, and not the total data transfer like many others. (You can seed torrents all day long!). As I use Hathway cable TV also, they came and did the wiring the afternoon I paid them the first time around, and the connection was active the next morning. That said, I am not going to renew my connection henceforth. Switching over to Tata Indicom. Or will stick to good ol' BSNL dialup for a few months. :whistle:

ranisuri123

Jun 5, 2007
I have 256 kbps connection in Delhi from Hathway and I am getting 110kbps speed only. Real cheats. I feel very let down. Luckily I was able to find the site for checking speed and I find McAfee very good. Now I dont know who to get a connection from!!!